3.3// Life's Not Out to Get You

Luke had made it to Michael's house, and he could hear the incredibly loud music from outside. Michael would usually do this when he was upset, and Luke knew that there would be no way that he would hear the doorbell, or him pounding on the door. Thankfully he did know where the Clifford's kept their spare key, so he used that, and made his way up to his friend's room.

"Mike," Luke yelled, simultaneously banging on the door. Luke waited a minute to see if Michael had heard him, and would let him in, but when nothing happened he opened the door. Michael was sprawled out on his bed staring at his ceiling. His face was expressionless, but Luke knew he had to be feeling something. Luke grabbed a water bottle from his dresser, and threw it at the boy on the bed. His head turned in Luke's direction, but he still said nothing. Luke reached for the stereo and turned down the music so he could actually hear himself think.

"Hey," Luke nodded, taking a seat on Michael's very cluttered desk.

Michael sat up, "Why is she keeping this kid?" Was the first thing that came out of his mouth.

Luke's eyes widened but he tried to play it off, "I mean, she's kind of growing it inside of her so she's a bit attached?" 

He nodded, and ran his fingers through his knotted hair, "She could give it a better life with a better family, with a Mom and Dad who love each other and have their shit together. I haven't even graduated high school, and I'm trying to get a job at a tattoo parlor, how am I going to take care of a baby?"

"Have you talked to her about how you feel?" Luke asked, while looking down and playing with his fingers. 

Michael scoffed, "She screamed at me, about how I just didn't want to acknowledge that I have a kid. It's not that at all, Luke. I want kids, but not now. We're eighteen we can barely take care of ourselves, how do we think we can raise a baby?"

Luke sighed, he really did have a point, "If she keeps the kid, which it seems like she's leaning towards that, what are you gonna do? You're gonna have to help her out, you know that right?"

Michael nodded slowly, "I know, I just feel like this isn't the life I'd want a kid to have though and she doesn't see that." 

Luke shrugged, "You guys still have time, she could change her mind."

"What if this was you?" Michael asked suddenly. Luke's eyes nearly popped out of his head, what if this was him and Melody?

"Uh, I'd definitely be freaking out. But I really love her so I'd back her up with whatever choices she made," Luke cleared his throat, "It's different for you and Ali though."

"I know, and I'm sorry that I was kind of a home wrecker for you guys," there was a faint smile on his lips.

Luke laughed and waved it off, "Trust me man, it's fine." There was never anything between him and Ali and everyone knew that. 

Michael scratched the back of his neck, "So does Calum hate me?" Michael truly did feel bad about that situation, Ali had no right to make Calum think that was his baby when she knew it wasn't. Then again Michael had no right sleeping with Ali, but here they w

Luke rolled his eyes, thinking back to what Calum had said while they were at Melody's, "He's not your biggest fan right now," he paused, "Why'd you do it?"

"We got drunk at a party one time and hooked up, and it just kept happening I guess."

Luke was quiet for a moment, "So, like, you don't have any feelings for her?"

Michael shook his head, "We never really talk, we just you know."

Luke was about to make a snarky comment about how Ali never stops talking, but his phone went off, it was a text from Mel.