2.6// Teenage Drama Queen

Melody didn't end up going to school the following Monday, she also hadn't left her house since the incident. She was wallowing in self pity, and she wasn't letting her friends help cheer her up. Her phone had been in the same place on her nightstand for three days, and at this point there had to be at least one hundred text messages on it that she didn't want to read. The only thing she was concerned about was watching sad romantic movies, which only made her cry even more.

Luke wasn't taking things well either, except he had a more destructive way of going about it. He had been belligerent drunk throughout the weekend, and had done some questionable things. He woke up having to piece together the previous night, and the memories weren't all rainbows and unicorns. He woke up in someone's back yard one morning curled up next to some bushes, that had been his lowest point.

Luke hadn't talked to Ashton, because he was so furious with him, and mostly himself. How stupid was he that he couldn't see that Melody was the same girl from last year. He hadn't thought about her for such a long time that he didn't see that it was her. That was his own fault, but Ashton could have, and should have told him that he knew who Melody actually was. Now Luke looked stupid because his girlfriend wasn't exactly who he thought she was, and Ashton had her first. It wasn't that Melody was wearing makeup, it was that she really wasn't who Luke thought she was. Or was she? He honestly had no clue, and that's what was upsetting him the most.

What he did know was that he missed her, and seeing her cry sent pain through his chest. But he was angry, and stubborn so he didn't want to speak to her yet. When she didn't show up at school, Luke knew that she was hurting like he was, but he still couldn't bring himself to send her a simple text. Michael was the only person Luke had talked to about the situation, and he wasn't a huge help. He did tell Luke that he was overreacting, and he should just talk to Melody, but Luke obviously wasn't going to listen to that.

Lunch was beyond awkward, the usual group didn't know if they should sit together or not. As soon as Luke saw that Melody's friends were giving him death glares from across the cafeteria, he decided that he shouldn't sit with them. He took Michael and they sat at the end of the "jock's" table, Luke knew them since he frequently attended their parties.

Ashton was sitting with Nikki and Autumn, and Luke felt a rush of anger pulse through his veins. Of course he would sit with them, he was probably comforting Melody the whole weekend while Luke was a complete mess.

"You're turning into the actual red angry face emoji, please calm down," Michael .

Luke turned to his friend, "I'm fine."

Michael sighed, and popped a chip into his mouth, "That's bullshit," he said with his mouth full.

"I don't want to talk about this right now," Luke grumbled, focussing on picking apart his ham and cheese sandwich.

Michael obnoxiously sighed again, "You can't avoid Ashton and your problems forever."

Luke obviously knew this but he didn't want to acknowledge Michael or his truth at the time being. He continued his assault on his sandwich, he wasn't hungry so ripping the bread apart was keeping him entertained. Occasionally he would look up at Ashton, he didn't seem like his usual cheerful self. Which part of Luke enjoyed, but the other part felt bad because Ashton was still his friend.

Autumn and Nikki were worried about Melody, so after school they were heading over her house to check up on her and make sure she wasn't withering away in her bed. Melody hadn't been answering their texts, so they were taking measures into their own hands by letting themselves into her house. They both knew where the spare key was so getting in wasn't too difficult. Both girls trailed through the house until they reached Melody's room.