0.3// Delivery

Melody had gotten through the rest of the school day in peace. She was currently at her locker, Nikki and Autumn talking in her ear about their days. They were coming over Melody's house, partially because they didn't like taking the bus and Melody was the only one who drove. Before leaving the school, Melody spotted Luke with his girlfriend. Which confused her a bit since they had just gotten into a fight at lunch, but she brushed it off. 

After the three girls got situated in the car, and Nikki stopped complaining about how Autumn always got the front seat, Melody started driving home.

"So, lunch was interesting today," Nikki commented. Autumn nodded. Melody didn't say anything, because she knew where this was leading. Another conversation about blonde boy. 

"You made his girlfriend jealous, Mel," Autumn said, wiggling her eyebrows, and Nikki laughed from the back seat.

"I didn't make his girlfriend anything," Melody huffed, "She was just mad, and took it out on me because I was next to him." 

Autumn and Nikki both laughed. Melody knew it was useless, they weren't going to stop bothering her about Luke.

"I liked the one with the purple hair better," Melody stated, Luke had mentioned that his name was Michael. Melody remembered him from her previous years of high school, he had always switched the colors of his hair. She thought it was pretty cool that he had the courage to dye it crazy colors.

"Yeah," Autumn trailed off, Melody knew just from her tone of voice that she didn't agree with her previous statement. Melody reached for the volume knob to turn on some music. She'd made a mix tape, because she hated listening to the radio because they played Dark Horse at least five times per hour. She thought that the radio ruined songs by over playing them, so she stuck to her own music. A song by Twenty One Pilots was playing, and Melody tapped her fingers along to the beat. She was about to sing along but Nikki had beat her to it. Melody had both of her friends hooked on this band, and she smiled to herself as Nikki sang along.

"I'll stay awake, 'cause the dark's not taking prisoners tonight!" She sang loudly, and off key.

"I'll tell them why won't you let me go?" Autumn and Melody joined in. This was mostly what their friendship consisted of; really awful singing, and talking about boys. 

"I can't believe you got me to like this," Autumn motioned to the radio. "I don't usually listen to music like this." 

"Yeah, because you listen to the bubble gum pop shit," Nikki giggled. Melody and Nikki had the same music taste for the most part, but Autumn on the other hand loved listening to Dark Horse over and over again on the radio. Melody parked her car in front of her house, and the three girls hopped out and walked into Mel's house. 

"Hey," Melody greeted her mother who was sitting in the living room watching the food network. 

"How was your first day?" Her mother asked turning around and lowering the volume on the television.

"It was okay," before Melody could really finish Nikki was already telling her mother about Luke. Melody rolled her eyes and walked into the kitchen. Melody couldn't understand why Autumn and Nik were so obsessed with her and Luke. He had a girlfriend, and Melody wasn't into him. After getting a bag of goldfish, Melody returned to the living room and sat down next to her mother on the couch. 

"Sounds like you had an interesting day," Melody's mother told her. Melody just nodded and paid attention to the television. She did have a sweet spot for the cooking channel, how could you not, the food they made looked so damn good. "We're going to order pizza for dinner, if you girls want to stay you can," Melody's mom announced to the three girls. "We just have to wait until your dad gets home."