1.7// Revealed

Melody was having an extremely difficult morning to say the least. The hickeys Luke had left on her neck absolutely refused to become less noticeable; no matter how much concealer she caked on. It's not that she regretted any of it happening, she just didn't want to be questioned about them. She was running out of time and if she spent any more of it piling on concealer she would be late to school. She threw on a hoodie, hoping that it would help her cover the dark purple bruises that ran up and down her neck.

"Good enough," she sighed, and grabbed her backpack and headed down the stairs to the kitchen.

Her mother hadn't left for work yet, and Melody's body visibly tensed as she took a seat at the table. She adjusted her hood and grabbed an apple from the fruit bowl that sat in the middle of the table.

"Good morning," her mother smiled as she sipped her coffee, and took a seat across from Mel.

"Morning," Melody mumbled keeping her eyes down.

"What time did Luke leave?"

Melody could feel her face heat up at the mention of his name, "Um, around eleven-thirty."

"Why don't you invite him over for dinner this weekend, your father and I want to properly meet him," she suggested with a genuine smile.

Melody's eyes almost popped out of her head. She inhaled a piece of the apple she had just bitten into and started violently coughing.

"Mel, are you alright?" Her mother started to get up from her chair but Melody waved her off.

"Fine," she squeaked and cleared her throat, "I'll talk to him but he thinks Dad hates him."

"He doesn't hate him per say, he's just nervous about him," she clarified.

"Awesome," Mel groaned and rolled her eyes, "I have to go, I'm going to be late."

She threw her apple core in the trash and jogged to the front door. She grabbed her keys off the hook on the wall and spun on her heel to wave to her mom.

"Have a good day, make sure you ask Luke!" She called as Melody walked out the door.

If Luke happened to agree to have dinner with her parents, she would have to have a talk with her father about not scaring him off. But to do that Melody would have to actually ask Luke to dinner. She was leaning towards not asking him because she didn't want to creep him out and make her seem like she thought their relationship was already that serious. They really had only kissed, and Luke kissed a lot of girls.

She hadn't even noticed how close she was to the school, which was pretty bad since everyone talked about how deadly distracted driving was. She mentally scolded herself as she turned into the parking lot. Her stomach was doing flips, partially because she didn't know how Luke was going to act today, and partially because of the prominent marks on her neck.

Getting out of her car, she decided to head right into the school without looking for any of her friends. She was too jittery to see them now. She put her headphones in and turned on her The Wonder Years play list. Melody got to her locker without running into anyone but since lockers were assigned by last name and hers was Healey and Luke's was Hemmings, she saw him standing at his locker.

She played it off like she didn't see him, or his two friends, and went to getting her things out of her locker. She felt one of her headphone being tugged out of her ear, and she turned slightly to see Luke grinning at her. Her eyes went to his neck, he had made absolutely no attempt to cover the mark she had left. She didn't expect him to, because it was normal for him to have hickeys splattered across his neck.