2.9// Holy

Calum looked like he hadn't gotten more than two hours of sleep in the last few weeks, which was pretty much accurate. His eyes were dark and sunken in, and the bags under them were an intense shade of purple. He looked absolutely terrified, and he had every right to be. He was eighteen years old, and was going to be a dad in a few short months. It put a significant twist on the way his life was headed.

Melody and Luke stared at the boy standing in front of them, he was shaking like a leaf and looked like he was going to faint at any moment. Melody grabbed Calum's arm and pulled him into her to embrace him. He remained frozen for a second, until he realized how much he needed this hug. He tightly wrapped his arms around Melody's torso, and rested his head on her shoulder. He was trying to fight the tears that were brimming his eyes, but he was so scared and he couldn't help himself. He could barely take care of himself how was he going to take care of something that would need constant supervision and affection.

Calum couldn't wrap his head around how this had happened. He and Ali had been safe, obviously for this reason. The final conclusion Calum had come to was the condom must have ripped, it was the only way. He cried into Melody's shoulder, and Luke stood next to them very uncomfortably. Luke wasn't good with comforting people, so he just let Melody do her thing.

"Calum, you're going to be okay. You'll figure this out," Melody calmly spoke. She was surprised at her tone, because she was feeling panicky for Calum. She rubbed his back trying to soothe him, or bring him some type of comfort, because he damn well needed as much of that as he could get.

Calum sniffled, and rubbed at his face to wipe away his tears, "Thank you." He appreciated Melody for being such a kind person, and not judging him for this. He stepped out of her arms, and gave Luke a weak nod of his head before he headed off down the hallway. He needed to find a bathroom to splash some water on his face to make it less obvious that he had been crying.

Luke pulled Melody into him with one arm, and kissed the top of her head. "You handled that really well."

"Did I? Because I was freaking out the whole time," she nervously giggled. Luke chuckled at her response, and Melody removed herself from his arm to dig her books out of her backpack and get her things out of her locker.

Luke was watching Melody go about her business, he was admiring how adorable she looked when she was concentrated on doing something. How she tucked her hair behind her ear so it wasn't in her face, and how she had to stand on her tip toes to reach some of her things. He was looking at her like it would be the last time he saw her, and he was memorizing all of the things about her. One of his favorite things about her, that he never really told her, was the freckle right under her nose. He thought it was cute and made her unique since it was the only freckle on her face.

"I love you," he blurted, and blushed immediately after the words spilled from his mouth. He thought that Melody would think he was weird, or super corny for this so he was very embarrassed.

Instead, Melody smiled warmly at her boyfriend, and gave him a quick kiss on the lips. "And I love you, Lucas."

Luke rolled his eyes at the nickname, but couldn't help the smile that had formed on his face. He liked hearing that they shared the same affection for each other. It made him feel secure and incredibly lucky that he shared this bond with someone as amazing as Mel. They had started walking to Chemistry, obviously holding hands, because Luke loved to show off his girl.

"You're quiet, what are you thinking about?" Melody asked, as they got to their assigned seats.

Luke shook his head, "You," he smirked. At this moment Luke was more grateful than usual that they sat at the very back of the classroom. They were in a corner, and angled in a way so the the students next to them wouldn't be able to see what Luke was about to do. He placed his hand, the one that wasn't bruised and battered, on Melody's thigh and looked at his papers like he wasn't doing anything.