1.4// Advice

Calum was a bit confused when Luke called him, he was almost positive that he hadn't given him his number, but that was besides the point. Why was he calling him, out of all his friends that he could talk to? Luke hadn't really made an effort to be friends with Calum, he wasn't upset or anything, he knew that Luke was usually focused on Melody. 

"What's up, Luke?" Calum asked, trying to make sense of this phone call.

"Um, so I really need you to not say anything about any of what I'm going to tell you," Luke said, he sounded nervous.

"Yeah, alright," Calum responded, he didn't really know what to say. It was silent for a while, until Calum spoke up, "So, um, what is it that you need to tell me?"

"Hypothetically speaking, what if I liked someone that I shouldn't like," Luke finally answered.

"Why shouldn't you like that person?" Calum questioned, he knew where this conversation was going now.

"Hypothetically speaking, we made an agreement to be strictly friends."

"Cut the shit, I know who you're talking about. You like Mel," Calum stated, he heard Luke's breathing change on the other line.

"Yeah, so what do I do," Luke mumbled. His cheeks were burning, he was suddenly grateful that this conversation was taking place over the phone.

Calum thought of just telling Luke that Melody liked him too, but that would ruin the whole romantic vibe.

"See if she likes you back," Calum shrugged, although Luke couldn't see him. He was pretty much giving Luke the same advice he had given Melody.

"I don't want it to get weird, like I've come close to kissing her a few times but it gets awkward after," Luke confessed.

"You mean like really kissed her like not on the cheek?" Calum asked, bouncing up and down on his bed. This was exciting him a bit too much, he felt like a fangirl.

"Yeah, and like tonight I thought she was gonna kiss me but she didn't," Luke pouted. The way she was staring at his lips made him so sure that she was going to kiss him, but she surprised him when she moved away from his face.

"I'll let you in on a secret," Calum said, "Melody will not make the first move."

"So what am I supposed to do, just grab her and kiss her?"

"If you want her to run for the hills, then yeah, do that," Calum scoffed, Luke rolled his eyes. "Just do what you normally do, but actually kiss her this time."

Luke thought it over for a minute, "What if she freaks out?" 

"There's a really good chance that she won't," Calum assured him.

"If she never talks to me again because of this I will end you," Luke said, he was half joking, and half not.

"That's not fair, you came to me for advice!" he protested.

"Yeah, so if you gave me shit advice it's on you. Thanks for the talk, though," Luke sighed. He was almost at his house now, and it was after eleven so he needed to get in quietly so Liz didn't yell at him.

"Good luck, kid."

Luke mumbled a thank you, and ended the phone call as he was walking up the steps to his front door. If his mom was awake he would just tell her that it was busy at the shop tonight, and his boss didn't let him out on time. He pushed the door open, only to see Jack sprawled out on the couch watching TV. It was probably some stupid documentary on the discovery channel, he loved that crap.

"You're home late," Jack called to Luke as he walked into the kitchen.

"Yeah, I was out," he shrugged and grabbed a package of oreos. He joined his brother in the living room, and sure enough, he was watching a stupid documentary.

"At your girlfriend's house?" Jack teased.

Luke felt himself blush, he'd been doing that too much recently. Jack raised an accusing eyebrow at his brother.

"Not my girlfriend," Luke mumbled through a mouthful of oreo cookie.

"You are so whipped," Jack gaped, "she must have a vagina of gold for you to stick around."

Luke choked on his oreo, and glared at his brother. "It's not like that," he growled.

Jack put his hands up in defense, and observed his brother. "You really like her?" He asked after a moment of silence.

Luke nodded, "It's really weird," he commented. "I've only known her for a month, Jack, how the hell can a single girl do this to me?"

"You got to know this one," he said simply. "She's not around just for sex."

Luke told Jack everything, he was best friend, besides Ashton and Mikey. He knew all about Luke's sexcapades, and Luke knew all about Jack's. It was a strange thing to bond over, but at the end of the day they were two sex driven testosterone filled males. Talking about who they had banged at the end of the week was kind of like showing off sports trophies, and they loved it. They never went into too much detail, just who and where.

"I knew Ali," Luke cringed.

He had been with Ali for a few months, so he was forced to get to know her. All that happened was Ali talking at Luke, and Luke not really listening. Luke knew a few things about her, but she knew nothing about him. She never got to know Luke, like Melody did.

Jack made a face, and Luke just laughed. Jack was right, he liked Melody for her personality. Which was a strange thought, Luke had always gone for the girls with particularly large assets. Not that Melody didn't have a great body, because she really did, her ass was phenomenal. She just wasn't someone Luke would usually go for.

"I like a girl for her personality, who am I?" Luke whaled, as his brother hysterically laughed at him.

"She makes you happy, I like her, Ben likes her, and mum likes her," Jack finally said, after he stopped laughing.

"Thanks for your blessing," Luke teased.

"So when are you going to ask her on a date?"

"I'm not even sure that she likes me in that way," he muttered.

"You're a Hemmings, we can charm anyone," Jack smiled, confidently.

"She's different," Luke added. He was not going to be able to just flash a smile at Melody and have her swoon over him. It was a struggle for her to even agree to being his friend.

"I believe in you, Lucas, and with that I'm off to bed," he told Luke, getting up from the couch and stretching.

"Night," and with that Luke was left alone with his thoughts.

Kissing Melody out of no where was probably not a good idea, like Calum said. So he would just hang out with her and they'd cuddle like usual and he'd kiss her, that sounded like an alright plan. He'd go over it with Calum tomorrow or something. He was absolutely terrified, and still confused about how he went from deciding he was never going to act on his feelings to making a plan to kiss Melody. He blamed it on the fact that he couldn't make good decisions when it came to her. 

After Luke had basically eaten the whole package of oreos he made his way to his room. He had to sleep on this decision and if he still felt okay about it in the morning, it would happen, if not he'd figure something else out. But as he was about to fall asleep, he reached for his phone to text the one person who had consumed every single part of his mind.

To: My Favorite Melody
You fell asleep and missed the best part of the episode so I left (without waking up your parents pls clap for me) so um goodnight I guess? Or good morning? I don't really know but yeah um hope you slept well see you in chem

------------------

Short and sweet, um yeah BIG THINGS ARE HAPPENING SOON OH MAN. I would have wrote more but I'm really hungry and I want to go eat lunch so yeah here's this for now. I'll probably update soon, so if I don't update by Wednesday feel free to yell at me alright. But aw how cute are Jack and Luke. 

Seriously I appreciate all of you that read, comment, and vote. Can I just call you my cinnamon apples, yep, okay it's done. 

-Amanda