2.1// Control

Luke stopped dead in his tracks, right in front of the entrance to the ice cream shop. He was staring at the table where the raven haired boy, and his annoying ex fling were sitting. They were laughing and play fighting over the last bit of ice cream with their spoons. Luke was honestly going to throw up in his mouth.

Melody tugged at Luke's hand, and looked up at him with wide eyes. She was hoping Luke wouldn't cause a scene, but by the way things were looking, something was bound to happen.

"Luke," Melody whined, desperately trying to pull him forward again.

"What the fuck?" Luke finally mumbled, knitting his eyebrows together.

He was confused as to why Calum would associate with someone like Ali. Luke barely tolerated her for the few months that they had been "together". Luke also thought of Calum as a sort of friend acquaintance type of thing, so the bro-code would have still applied to this. Dating a friend's ex-girlfriend was a shitty thing to do, it was practically off limits. 

"It's fine, ignore them," Melody sighed, letting go of Luke's hand to pinch the bridge of her nose with her fingers.

Luke looked down at Melody again, he was upsetting her, and that was the last thing he wanted to do. He nodded, and took her hand in his again. They made it to the line to order when Melody grunted and started pouting.

"What?" Luke asked, biting his lip to stop a giggle from escaping his mouth. She looked extremely agitated, and he thought it was adorable. 

"I don't have money," she groaned, shoving her hands into her sweatpants pockets to see if maybe she left anything in them; but of course, there was nothing.

"Babe, did you really think I would make you pay?" He snorted, turning to the person scooping ice cream to order. 

"Don't be one of those, Lucas," Melody said, rolling her eyes. "I'm perfectly capable of paying for myself, most of the time."

Luke rolled his eyes right back at her, "Okay, Melody."

She snorted at the use of her full name, he'd been calling her Babe or Mel lately. She assumed that this was his way of saying he was annoyed with her. Melody could pay for herself, and would pay for herself when she wanted. They were equals and it would only be fair if they paid for themselves, or taking turns on who would pay. She didn't like the thought of relying on somebody else to always pay for her things, that's what her parents were for, (a/n: me bc my parents won't let me get a job) not her boyfriend.

Luke ended up getting a chocolate and mint chocolate chip double scoop ice cream cone, and Mel got cookie dough in a cone as well. As Luke was paying for their things he stuck his tongue out at Melody.

"You're such a child," she scoffed. "Also, your ice cream choice is disgraceful. Mint chocolate chip is an abomination." 

Luke put a hand over his heart like he had been wounded, "Are you kidding me? Mint chocolate chip tastes like Christmas and all things good in the world." 

Melody shook her head, if mint chocolate chip was the last source of food on the Earth she'd rather starve than eat it. Luke lead them to a table in the corner of the shop, and sat down. They both had almost forgotten that Calum and Ali were still there. Melody snuck a glance at their table, and Ali was already glaring at her. She quickly snapped her eyes back to Luke, who was also already gazing at Mel. 

"If I could receive death threats by looks, I'd be getting too many to count right now," Melody commented.

"What the hell are they doing together?" Luke wondered out loud. He couldn't put the pieces together in his head, it didn't make sense.