Fox With The Rabbits

"Thank you for the help"

Who is that?

"Oh it is no trouble at all." (Countess)

I'm guessing it is the Duke or else it is his son. Stepping through the door the Countess was escorting the duke and his son.

"Sorry for the late intrusion I hope we aren't interrupting." (Duke)

So it was the Duke speaking. The boy next to him seems a year or two younger than Miri but his red eyes seem to glow with a cold aura while his black hair nearly covers his eyes. The Duke himself is imposing. With his black hair slicked back showing his cold grey eyes. Even though he spoke in a polite friendly tone that sounds sincere his expression shows just the opposite.

{We almost had what we needed if only the countess hadn't walked in.} (Duke)

{I know father has his reasons but for what reason are we trying to steal information on the count?} (Duke's son)

I don't know their names but I understand that they are here not for pleasantries.

"No you are right on time having arrived ourselves a moment ago." (Count)

{I know he is most likely here trying to get information on the organizations we run in the auction house but he is searching the wrong place. I don't keep any documents like that at home. That child Miri's mother had more uses than one. Seeing as how not even her daughter visits the grave.} (Count)

How dare he? he knows perfectly well that if Miri visits her mother's final resting place she can get killed. She even had to hide the memorabilia of her mothers to not have any of it destroyed.

"I see there is a new face here. It's a pleasure to meet your little one may I have the pleasure of knowing your name?" (Duke)

{From the looks of it this is the child born from the count's affair.} (Duke)

Standing up I tried my best to curtsey.

"The pleasure is all mine my name is Miri Delmar Clade." (MC)

{Hmm from what I heard she is incompetent but from her behavior, she just seems less skilled. If nurtured she would hold pure talent from etiquette alone.} (Duke)

{She seems so small. Is she only a few months older than me?} (Duke's son)

"I see you're feeling better today. My name is Corel Leone Venas I am the Duke of Hollow. This is my second eldest son Jiro Kai Venas." (Duke)

Why does the duke's name make me think of coral-like a reef or like Corral the word that means to gather? Also now that I know where the information is that they are looking. Should I make a deal with the Duke for the location of the information that he is looking for? Or should I keep this information handy and use it to my advantage in the future when the family will abandon me completely allowing me to die? Or should I use the information to make a deal with the duke at that time as protection? I know I won't do anything to the main characters but my being used as a scapegoat is a high possibility.

"Well since we are all here why don't we all sit down to enjoy the meal." (Countess)

For once I feel thankful to her I had no idea what to do without seeming rude.

{A seductress like her mother just trying to make a good impression.} (Countess)

And never mind I am no longer thankful.

{I wasn't expecting that even though she is in front of the duke she has done nothing to embarrass herself.} (Altan)

If it wasn't for the fact that he didn't say this out loud I'd cuss him out.