CHAPTER 5 - END OF THE ROAD

Thirty minutes later,

Eric dragged his feet shamefully out of where he had recessed.
All eyes were on him as he moved across the school hallways. The story of him calling his tutor a witch had spread like a wild fire.

"Look guys! it's Eric" A boy from the crowd yelled.
Ignoring the reaction of his fellow colleagues, he commence his gloomy attitude.

He meets the same set of girls he met that morning.

"Eric is that true ?" Cynthia asked. "Did you call Miss James a witch ?"
He was silent and acted like he didn't hear her.

"Don't play dum and answer the question, boy." Chloe added.
"I - I didn't know what came over me !"
He stammered as he hurriedly leaves their premises.
He approaches the staffroom to see Miss James.
His physics teacher was on seat in her office readily waiting for him with a disappointed look on her face.

"Are you Eric Royce ?"
"Yes Ma'am."
"Have your seat."

She carefully observes him from the doorstep to the chair with a serious look
Then she rested her arms on the table and locked her fingers together.
" Why did you react to me in that contravenable manner when i woke you up in my class today ?"
He adjust his chair closer to her, looking around if anyone was eves dropping.
"I had an illusion disguised in form of a dream" He said trying to express a great degree of fear to her.
He then narrated his parable to her.

"Seriously ?" she said raising an eyebrow."Is that the best you could come up with ?"
"Do you think I am lying ma'am?"
"Eric do I look stupid to you ?".
"No, you don't understand I'm telling the truth "
"How in the world do you want me to believe what you just said ? "
Eric stares at her, unexplainably speechless, waiting for her to conclude.
"I may not be a psychiatrist but with the connection my area if specialization meets with it ,I know that it's psychologically impossible to illusionize what you just said in about thirty seconds of dozing off. The human brain doesn't have that amount of velocity."
" No you gotta believe me -"
"Look, I don't have time for this nonsense. I'd detain you but since this is your first day here, you shall be spared."
Eric sighed with relief.
"Thank you ma'am"

He gets up in an attempt to leave the office.

"And hey..." She said causing him to seize in his tracks.
"... considering what you did today, I'd mark your face. You made undergo unecessary drama. It's gonna take a miracle for you to excel my subject."

He leaves with a repulsive feeling in his heart. He could no longer make a meaning of his life.

Soon, he meets Leo who had been expecting his arrival. He remembers him being livid and motionless in his illusion but was in bloom health now.

"Hey bro, what's up ?" said leo.
          "Not fine"
     Leo takes a careful look at his friend's face. It was solemnly bitter

  "Why so blue ?" Leo said worried about his friend who looked like a tear was about to drop from his eye. "What did Miss James do to you ?"
    "Nothing"
"Then why do you look like this ?"
     "Look Leo, I don't know how to explain this to you but I just keep having lucid dreams about a demon trying to haunt me or possessing someone to devour me."
"What ?!, you saw a demon in your sleep."
        "Exactly, it possessed Miss James, turned her into a miserable witch with green face and long nails then -"
  "Then what ?" he asked curiously.
           "She killed to you man !"
  "She killed me ?"
Eric nodded his head in despair.
   "So what do you plan on doing ?"
           "To be honest, I don't really know"