CHAPTER 13 - DREAMING OUT LOUD

A loud explosion boomed out and Eric instantly got up. His windows were wide open and he saw holes in his curtains, again.

This made him develop trypophopbia.

He parted the curtains and saw police cars and ambulances wailing around.

Everyone were scampering for safety and gigantic buildings on fire. It was a destructive and calamitous conflagration.

"Juliet!, Juliet!!" he yelled as he ran downstairs.

His surroundings were different. The ground was wet with petrol. Clothes were scattered on the floor and electronic appliances were left around carelessly.

"Eric." Someone quietly called out his name.

"Who's there?" he turned around to investigate. He saw a shadow in the figure of a man holding a stub of cigarette.

Before he could speak, the figure disappeared in thin air and the cigarette fell to the ground.

The glowing cigarette ignited and exploded into a big furnace. The clothing materials and the burnt electric wires only worsened the whole tragic outburst of fire.

"Oh shit!" Eric cursed as he evacuated the building. The monster in gigantic stature came up to him.

"Eric!"

"Please don't hurt me." he appeals as he fell to his knees.

"Eric!!"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Eric!!"

Eric awakens to reality.

"Please don't hurt me."

"Oh, I'm sorry. You've been asleep for so long that I thought I should wake you up for lunch." Said Juliet

"Lunch?" he repeated.

"Yeah, I just came back from school."

"Have I been asleep for that long?"

"Yep."

"Wow!" Eric exclaimed as he sat upright.

"Anyways, I'll be downstairs if you need me." Juliet said and left his room.

Eric phone made frequent vibrations so he picked it up to check his notifications.

"Seven missed calls from Leo!, I'd better call him back."

Eric calls Leo.

Eric: Hey Leo, I'm sorry I missed your calls.

Leo: Don't sweat it. Schools over, I'm coming over to your place.

Eric: No need to do that. I'll be the one coming over.

Leo: No!, don't go anywhere. I have some news for you. It gonna be a surprise.

Eric: Okay but at least tell me -

{Phone call terminates}

"I'd better get downstairs." Eric picked up his phone and descended the stairs.

Juliet was seen dressed up in a white top, patterned mini-skirt and spotted sneakers.

"Going anywhere?" Eric inquired.

"Oh yeah, I forgot to inform you. I'm going on a playdate."

"No you are not going anywhere."

"But I had always wanna-"

"Juliet please, I don't wanna let you out lose you again. I don't wanna let you out of my sight."

"Eric, it was just a nightmare."

"Sorry but it's for your own good."

Juliet frowned in grief.

"You were supposed to be my brother..." she averted eye contact "...instead you are acting like a parent. Juliet pulled off her sneakers and ran upstairs.

"Wait, I didn't mean to-"

BLAM!

She slams her room door shut.

Eric sat on the couch as thoughts rampaged his brain.

Eventually he stood up and went to his sister's room.

"Hey Juliet." Eric greeting, trying to spark upbeat.

She buried herself under the blanket, refusing to respond.

"I hope you'll forgive me."

"Can you please leave, I need a solitary moment." Juliet was drenched in sorrow and agony.

"You know what?, let's reach an agreement." She slightly raises her head. "You can go for the play date unless it happens in this house."

"You really mean it?"

"Sure"

"Aww, thanks. You're the best." she sprung up with joy and met him with a bear hug.

Then they heard a loud knock on the door.

"I'm coming!" Eric yelled as he rushed downstairs.