CHAPTER 11 - CREEPY FANTACIES

He kept gazing upon the empty acre of land in front of him.

It was really hard to believe that a grave had once occupied that position.

Nothing made sense to him anymore and it all seemed like a freakish mind -play, an illusional phenomenon and mystical myth.

The winds blew more ferocious this time and his body responded with a shiver. He looked up to the sky, he noticed the bright moon was in rose red color and bats were flying in circles.

This was very odd.

But as he turned back, he saw something at the other side of the road. It was in the structure of a gate.

He was bewildered by this as he undoubtedly recalls not seeing anything at the other side.

Eric crossed over to the other side of the road to get a more superior perspective.

What he saw was greatly bemusing.

It was an abandoned graveyard with the same old rusted gates and fences.

But there seemed to be a note taped on the gate, so he moves closer to read it contents.

'Horror is like a serpent; always shedding its skin, always changing.'

The note sounded really absurd to him and for a minute, he hesitated.

It didn't seem like what you should be welcomed with at the front of the graveyard.

"Juliet might still be in there" Eric thought and proceeded entry.

He pushed the gate open and it made a sharp creaking sound, then he slowly crept into the eerie graveyard and prayed that he was alone and not being watched.

As he looked around, he realizes that this wasn't like the one he first saw. It was bizarre and nothing like what he's ever seen before.

First of all, it was completely empty and couldn't spot a gravestone.

Also, there were at least ten bats lying dead on the floor.

Eric decided to ignore this but as he walked across the cracked cement pathways, he stumbled on something extremely terrifying.

IT WAS A HUMAN SKULL

He fell to the ground, almost dying of heart attack.

Eric started breathing inadequately and his body began to falter. He calmly stood up and ran across it but prior to fear, his leg became imbalance and he fell again. Horror had gripped him and harmful thoughts rampaged his brain.

Suddenly, he heard the sound of a glass crashing to pieces.

"Juliet?" Eric shouted as he raises his head up to investigate "Is that you?"

There was no response, instead the silence got intense.

Unable to move, he just sat there. Staring at origination of the sound.

But the place was too dark to see what made the noise.

An Owl made a very annoying hooting sound which made him infuriate with rage. Instantly, he picked up a stone and aimed it at the bird. This made the Owl emerge from the tree and settled on a fresh tombstone.

Eric was perplexed, he could have sworn that there weren't any gravestone in the yard.

He glared at it and read what was carved on it.

'This is the tombstone of a loving sister, a kind friend and a sweet daughter.

MAY HER SOUL REST IN PERFECT PEACE. JULIET ROYCE.'

Reading this, he became woefully depressed. While he was burying himself in deep remorse, he felt something breathing heavily on his neck.

His heat skipped a beat.

Suddenly, he saw something moving across the horizon and he started panicking.

Eric nervously stood up and picked up a piece of iron from the cemetery gate for defense.

In a flash, the monster appeared in front of him. No mortal can imagine the horror on its face.

He raises the iron above his head to strike but the beast seized it and tossed it away. The rogue gave a wild smile displaying its scattered teeth.

His blood froze with horror.

Then it seized his movements with a grip on his neck.

"Do you dare attempt to attack me?" The rascal said with a hoarse voice.

Eric couldn't reply as he was almost deprived of life.

The lethal nails of the demon had sinked into his skin and thick blood was slowly drooling out.