CHAPTER 9 - VANISHING GRAVEYARD (I)

The prestigious psychiatrist sat down on a sit in front of Eric, he was busy operating a high-tech computer.

"So what's gonna happen now?" Eric anxiously asked.

"You'll sleep, so I can use this device to read your body activity."

"I don't think it's gonna be possible to nap with all these wires attached to me."

"I doubt that. As a matter of fact, your body system should shut down in about five minutes from now."

All of a sudden, a nurse barged the door open.

"Doctor Lincoln!, we have an emergency in room 409, I hope you are not too busy?"

"No I'm not. I've ended my interrogation with Eric."

"Thank goodness, please sir you need to come right now. The patient is suffering from major epilepsy."

"Okay, I'm on my way." The doctor said as he stood up from his seat.

"But sir!" Eric shouted "Aren't you gonna at least inject me with a sleeping doze or something?"

"I can't do that. The coffee and the drug's stimulants are still very active in your body. If I give you an injection, it might damage your blood vessels."

With these words being said, Dr. Lincoln exited the room.

As soon as he left, the room was filled with zephyr and Eric became inconvenient where he lay.

Unexpectedly, the power went off and the room was almost completely dark.

"Oh no!" Eric said in grave fear.

Instantly, thick fog occupied the room.

He threw the blanket over his head to suspend any disturbing thoughts in his mind but as soon as he did that he heard an elongated cackle of a miserable witch.

"Who-Who's there?" he stammered in fright.

He also heard the high pitch sound of finger nails scratching the window behind him but as he geared to investigate, it vanished.

He noticed different holes pierced through the curtains like those of bullets and both windows were wide open.

Thump! Thump!! Thump!!!

The vibrating sound of knuckles pounding against the door.

He attempted to open the door but got paralyzed by terror. He sat upright and looked through the peephole to see who it was.

Words were not enough to express the degree of horror in his heart.

Bright red light shone from the hole like a luminous torch.

Thump! Thump!! Thump!!!

It knocked the door louder this time.

The screws on the door were coming loose due to the heavy pounding. Eric jerked up from the bed and disconnected all wires that were on his body.

BLAM!!!

The beast ruptured the door open.

Without rationalizing a second thought, Eric leapt out of the window. Fortunately, the clinic was on the ground floor so he sustained minor injuries.

"Ungh! My back." Eric groans in pain.

He looks up to the sky and to his surprise, it was dark.

The night breeze blew leaves around in a spiral manner. The street was dark and there was no human being in sight. The cry of owls only contributed to the intense terror he felt.

Eric found himself in an abandoned graveyard where different dead bodies lay under various gravestone.

"Holy!" He gasped in consternation.

He saw gnarled branches growing at odd angles, rusted iron fences and gates and his surroundings smelt like newly turned earth.

The wind continues to blow harshly, a leaf breaks of it branch plummeting to it death. He swiftly stood up with the mindset of running but the sudden wind whisked his hair into his face. When he regained sight, he heard noises coming from the far end of the street.

At this point, Eric was too scared to make a move so he just kept looking as he braced for impact