CHAPTER 8 - PSYCHO THERAPY

Eric was being hauled out of his class in a mobile hospital bed.

"Don't worry dude, you'll be okay." Leo whispers to his unconscious friend as the bed halted at the entrance of the school clinic.

"Sorry, you are not allowed to come in unless you are permitted so. Please exercise patience in the lobby."

A nurse said to Leo

"Oh, okay."

The nurse then collects the mobile bed from him and pushes Eric inside.

Leo sat down, drenching himself in remorseful anxiety.

{Two hours later}

"Doctor!, Doctor!!" A nurse yelled in alarm. "The patient is awakening!"

The doctor came into the room and signaled the nurses to exit.

Then he examines Eric with his stethoscope. Eric opened his eyes gently and sees the psychiatrist in front of him.

"Am I, am I still alive?"

"How are you feeling?"

"I'm fine, I guess."

"Good to hear, I am Doctor Lincoln, the school psychiatrist and you are in the school clinic."

The doctor hung his stethoscope on his neck, takes a pen and a small note from the pocket of his white jacket and continued -

"I'm gonna ask you a few questions and I want you to reply the positive answer."

"Hum, okay. But sir just so you know I'm not an addict. I took those pills because I was tormented by a -"

"Spiritual demon."

Eric looked at the man in astonishment.

"Yes doctor, but how did you know?"

"Your friend told me everything about it."

"Who?, Leo?"

"It doesn't matter right now, I need you to tell me this -" Then he flipped open the pages and asked- "Since when did you start experiencing these nightmares?"

"About two days ago."

"Hmmm" Dr. Lincoln said as he jots down in his notebook. "Are your parents acquainted about this?"

"No, they aren't"

"And why is that so?"

"Currently, I'm not living with them."

"So you live alone?"

"Actually I live with my sister in a rented house some kilometers away from school. My parents live in California but due to the remote distance they decided to rent a house for us here in Toronto"

"How old are you?"

"Fourteen."

"Fascinating!" The psychiatrist exclaimed as his pen danced furiously on his notebook. "How has your eyesight been lately?"

"I usually have blurred or doubles vision when I wake from those nightmares."

"Have any of your relatives die recently?"

"My grandfather died last year."

                 There was a brief pause as the doctor kept looking at his notebook.

"Are you a fan of horror movies?" 

"Yes, and I've watched quite a lot during the holidays."

          Dr.Lincoln sighed heavily, stood up and started operating a  machine.

"What's that?" Eric questioned with enthusiasm.

"It's an Electrocardiogram. I'll use it to assimilate your heart rhythm and electrical activity."

Then he took another technology with small sensors and attached it to his scalp.

"Please Doctor Lincoln, what are you putting on my head?"

"It's an electroencephalogram."

"What in the world is that?"

"I'll use it this device to record your brain activity. These little sensors will pickup any electrical signals produced by the brain."

"Would this test hurt."

      Eric was a bit frightened as he was unfamiliar with most of the equipment that lay around him.

"Not at all, I guarantee you that this psychological therapy would be painless."