CHAPTER 10 - VANISHING GRAVEYARD (II)

The noise was getting louder by the second and he thought this was probably the end of his life.

The sounds became more audible and he could hint what it was.

The sound of a pair of shoes ceaselessly smashing the ground echoed down the street.

It was as if someone was running to get something or maybe chased.

He tiptoed to the front and hid behind the cemetery fence for a closer view. He saw a being in human figure running tirelessly for dear life.

The human appeared to be a young female and her eyes were watery with tears. From the way she was running, it looked like she was being chased by something extremely terrifying.

As she got closer to the grave, Eric ducked down to prevent sight but the young lady cried sounded very familiar to Eric.

He couldn't help but wonder where he knew this voice from.

Then he lifted his head slightly above the fence to see if he could identify the person.

"OH MY GOD "Eric whisper-shouted in tremendous shock.

He couldn't believe his eyes.

Or perhaps the moon was playing pranks with his eyesight.

IT WAS JULLIET!

Eric gathered up courage, stood up and dashed through the graveyard gate.

"Juliet!" Eric cried

She stopped' in her tracks to see what had just yelled out her name.

"Eric?!" she replied and forced a smile through the tears.

Instantly, she changed her p0ace and headed towards her brother.

"What happened to you?" he questioned as he noticed her melancholic face.

Her hair looked un-kept and scattered in all directions, and her lips was stained with blood.

"We're not safe, we need to get out of here!"

"What do you mean?" He inquired as he uses the face of his thumb to wipe the blood stain off her lips.

"It's coming for you, you need to leave right now!"

"What the hell are you saying?"

"There's no time to explain, I have like zero percent chance of survival but you still have like twenty percent. You need to run!!!"

"Juliet, you're not making any sense right now. Just tell me in details."

"Would you please just trust me?!!"

A twig snapped in the background terminating their conversation.

"Did you hear that?" Eric whispered eloquently.

She nodded her head in response.

"Shhh! We're leaving here together"

"But-"

"I can't leave you here, if you won't go with me, then I want go at all."

A figure zoomed passed them with inhumane speed. Eric placed his finger on his lips signaling Juliet to remain quiet.

After a while of being mute, he whispered to her.

"We're gonna hide in that cemetery, are you gonna comply?"

She nodded positively and they climbed over the fence into the graveyard. They stayed there for about two minutes and by then, the whole place was completely silent.

"Is it gone?" Juliet curiously asked

"I'm not sure, I'll go check but you have to stay here quietly, okay?"

She nodded again.

Eric came out of the graveyard in stealth.

He looks both ways of the street for anything that seemed suspicious. The road was clear and there was no living thing around there except for the parliament of owls watching him like a hawk.

Then the worst thing he could ever imagined happened. As he turned to head back, the graveyard had vanished. The environment was empty as if it never existed and only infant trees could be seen on that spot.

Eric was dumbfounded and puzzled with phantasm.