Chapter 9: Yuta's Concert

Author Note: Here is a key for reference in case the reading is confusing.

"" -Someone is speaking outloud

'' -Someone is thinking to themselves/also used to for the name Hikaru at times to show that it is actually Hinako in disguise.

***. -Time Skip

________________________________________________________________________________

3rd Person POV

The next day Honoka brought her concern about Mirako up to her sister. After hearing what Honoka said happened with Mirako and his mood shift at the mention of friends, she also became concerned for him.

"What do you think we should do?" Hinako asks while they were walking to school.

"I think we could ask Kira for information. He said that Mirako's changed, so I bet he would know what happened to him."

"Great! We'll ask him today."

***

Up on the school roof the 'Hikaru', Honoka, Totomaru, and Konparu face Kira to have his back towards them as he gazes past the chain link fence that surrounds the roof.

"Kira-senpai," 'Hikaru' speaks out to the dark headed teen. "Could you tell us about Mirako-senpai?"

"We thought you might know what's going on," Honoka adds.

"It's got nothing to do with you guys." Kira answers, still looking at the fence.

"True, but...I can't help wondering." 'Hikaru' replies.

"He just seemed so sad," Honoka says, gaining Kira's attention despite not moving from his position.

"Yeah, and we think we understand what it's like, Honoka and I, for people to be lonely, to a degree. Because that's how we used to be."

This gained the quick attention of Totomaru and Konparu who then looked back and forth between 'Hikaru' and Honoka.

Kira then turns his body around to look at Hinako and Honoka, remembering a part of his past.

Two little girls were on the ground, crying. Both had pink hair. One was clutching her knee, trying to calm her sister down despite the pain and tear streaked face. This little girl was Honoka. Hinako was crying while her backpack had all of its contents scattered across the playground from the bullies that stood in front of the two girls.

After recalling that scene, Kira told the group about Mirako's past and why he disliked the idea of friendship. Once he was done with his explanation, everyone went to their classrooms.

***

"Tomorrow? Yeah, I guess I'm not doing anything." Totomaru says to 'Hikaru'.

Hinako smiles and tells him the plan, making his face freeze in realization.

"Great then, see you tomorrow! I'm off to find Konparu." She says leaving Totomaru in the classroom alone.

***

The next day everyone was at Mirako's concert. Only there was one problem. Since no boys were allowed to attend, they all were dressed as girls. The only difference for Honoka was that instead of her regular battle outfit she wore to school, she was wearing girly clothing that was easy to move around in.

"I was hoping to train all day today." Konparu says irritable.

"Come on Greenie, cheer up. I'll spar with you sometime to make it up to you."