Chapter 19: Urashima Yakuza

Author Note: Here is a key for reference in case the reading is confusing.

"" -Someone is speaking outloud

'' -Someone is thinking to themselves/also used to for the name Hikaru at times to show that it is actually Hinako in disguise.

***. -Time Skip

________________________________________________________________________________

3rd Person POV

 Having paid the hospital for his mother's surgery, Konparu headed home to take care of his hungry siblings. The doctor's said that they would call once they scheduled her surgery. Laying down after a long day, Konparu thought about his friends before falling asleep.

***

The group was eating lunch on the rooftop as usual, along with Kira and Yuta. As they ate they told funny stories of what happened yesterday at the cafe for Konparu and 'Hikaru' to be in on the jokes.

Unknown to the group Houou was leaning against the wall on the other side of the door that leads to the stairs. He listened to their stories and was just checking in on them to make sure they were doing good.

"Hey Konparu," Honoka calls his attention. "Did you get a date for your mother's surgery, yet?"

Konparu swallowed his bite before answering with a frown. "Not yet. They were supposed to call me this morning to tell me when it would be, but they haven't yet."

"That's weird," Yuta adds. "Normally hospitals would schedule it the same time that you pay for it."

Kira nods in agreement to Yuta's statement.

"Maybe this hospital is just different." Totomaru suggests.

"That doesn't make much sense though." 'Hikaru' says. "What hospital is it?"

"Shima Hospital." He answered stoically.

Hearing the name of the hospital, Houou frowned.

"I don't know what's the hold up, but I'll head there after school to talk to them." Konparu explains.

"Keep us posted in our group chat." Honoka replies.

The bell chimes for the end of lunch, causing the group to leave to their classrooms. Houou stayed on the roof to think. 'Looks like I'll need to keep a closer eye on things.' Houou looks up at the sky before making his way over to the stairs. 'Looks like things are going to get complicated.'

***

Konparu arrived at the hospital and was talking to the receptionist about his mother's surgery.

"Sorry Sir, but I can't schedule the surgery until I get the doctor's approval for it." She explained with a business smile.

"Why not? You're the one who told me that her surgery is urgent!" Konparu was starting to get angry.

"Yes Sir, that is what her file says. However, until the doctor signs off I cannot schedule it."

"Which doctor?" Konparu asks, irritated.

"Sorry Sir, that information is confidential."

"What do you mean it's confidential?"

"It means I'm unable to tell you that information." She further explains.

"I know what confidential means!" He was slightly embarrassed at the explanation.

"Is there anything else Sir?" She asks with her unchanged business smile.

Frustrated, Konparu goes to sit in the lobby to calm down.