Chapter 10: Battle with Midterms

Author Note: Here is a key for reference in case the reading is confusing.

"" -Someone is speaking outloud

'' -Someone is thinking to themselves/also used to for the name Hikaru at times to show that it is actually Hinako in disguise.

***. -Time Skip

________________________________________________________________________________

3rd Person POV

"What?" Konparu yells, losing his normally cool demeanor.

Covering her ears with her hands Honoka tells him again.

"Midterms are in a week," she looks out the window to the left of her desk, while Konparu starts to freak out. "Come on, stop freaking out. You can't be that bad, right?"

Konparu freezes in his chair, sweat starting to cover his face. Seeing his change in expression, making her second guess her statement.

"That bad huh?"

"Are you saying you're not?" He asks slightly frustrated.

"Nope, I've got full marks."

Having an irk mark appear on his forehead, Konparu puffs out in anger.

"Chill out Greenie. I'll help you study. Let's go meet up with the others." She finishes with a smile, before earning a nod from Konparu.

***

Now the group is at Hikaru's apartment, having a study session in the living room. Hinako sits on the couch with a pencil in her hand and a contemplative expression on her face. She is dressed in her school uniform for Shishiku, since she is disguised as Hikaru.

Beside her in the chair next to her is Totomaru with an easy going expression as he reads a book for school. On the other end of the couch with 'Hikaru' is Konparu who is hunched over a workbook on the coffee table with a bored yet confused look on his face.

Lastly, Honoka is on the other chair that sits near Konparu. Without any school materials in front of her she watches Konparu try to solve his math problems.

"I never thought that they'd actually test you at our school." Konparu says with a sigh.

Honoka lightly laughs. "Isn't that a natural thing to assume?"

After about 20 minutes of studying, Konparu bangs his head on the table. "I can't do it!" Pointing to his worksheet he asks, "this question doesn't it seem too hard?"

Totomaru holds up his matching workbook with a calm expression. "These questions are for middle school first years, man."

"Ah?" Konparu turns to him with a slightly angered look.

"Huh?" Hinako says at the same time with a look of shock. "No wonder they were so easy," she stated.

"I guess that they're pretty lenient at Shishiku," Honoka adds. "Otherwise most of the students would fail."

"You can figure them out?" Konparu asks, pointing to Totomaru.

"Huh, why?"

"Now that I think about it, on the first day of school, Totomaru's homeroom teacher was moved to tears by his grades." Hinako mentions thoughtfully.

"I don't know if they're worth crying over." Totomaru lightly responded.

"You...You're that good at studying?!" Konparu looks at him frowning.

"Just goes to show that you shouldn't judge a book by its cover. Don't we have the best examples here?" Totomaru says. "Take Hikaru for our example. He looks like this, but he's that strong."