Chapter 23: Rumors

Author Note: Here is a key for reference in case the reading is confusing.

"" -Someone is speaking outloud

'' -Someone is thinking to themselves/also used to for the name Hikaru at times to show that it is actually Hinako in disguise.

***. -Time Skip

_______________________________________________________________________________

3rd Person POV

A couple of days have passed since Honoka was rescued from the Urashima Yakuza. Ever since then the girls have started to get used to their new home in the Onigashima compound.

They decided to share a large room together, because they have never been apart from each other before. The dynamic was also different when it was just them and Hikaru. Now that Hikaru and Houou joined them there in the family home.

Every morning they would eat together. This was the main time that the girls had to bond with their father as he was usually busy running the Yakuza group as boss.

Now that it was Monday the girls were getting ready in their respective outfits to go to Shishiku.

Unknown to them and many others, the internet was exploding with gossip, starting from hard core fan members of Yuta's.

How long are we going to stay quiet about the fact that there is a girl that attends Shishiku?

Yeah, she's hogging Yuta all to herself!

Why does she get special treatment?

Have you seen her new haircut?

Makes you wonder if Hikaru is really a guy like he claims.

Her new haircut does make them look even more similar.

Can a male and female really be that identical?

Seeing the gossip online, a rival school of Shishiku decided to use it for their own means. They grabbed many people to add to the flames to bash Hikaru to try and ruin his reputation and his position as boss for the first and second years.

Their boss is a girl!

That's just sad.

They couldn't even take down the girl bodyguard.

Why does Hikaru have a bodyguard in the first place if he isn't a girl in disguise.

When the girls arrived at school, they were bombarded with questions that shocked them.

"Hikaru! What kinda crap is this?"

"Yeah! Are you actually a girl?!"

Many questions rained down on them. Totomaru and Konparu joined the group and started to defend 'Hikaru'. They managed to make it to class, but Honoka was worried for her sister when they had to split up.

***

During lunch there was a meeting among the top students of the first and second years.

Everyone huddled in a circle as they ate, unknown to them Houou stood at the other end of the roof hidden from them as he listened in.

"Geez! They're all blind!" Totomaru complains.

"This was sudden," Honoka agreed.

"I'm sorry, Hikaru!" Yuta suddenly saids. "The rumor started because of my fans. They have always been jealous of Honoka, but once they saw her new haircut they thought you two looked even more alike."