Chapter 25: A Promise

Author Note: Here is a key for reference in case the reading is confusing.

"" -Someone is speaking outloud

'' -Someone is thinking to themselves/also used to for the name Hikaru at times to show that it is actually Hinako in disguise.

***. -Time Skip

_______________________________________________________________________________

3rd Person POV

Finals were nearing that all students needed to pass to be able to move on to the next year. The group of first years, 'Hikaru' and Totomaru were walking over to Honoka's and Konparu's classroom.

Honoka ran to the restroom once the bell rang, so when 'Hikaru' and Totomaru arrived they saw a semi-dead looking Konparu sprawled on his desk.

"Konparu!" 'Hikaru yelled, rushing over to him. "What's wrong?!"

"An ambush?! Who did this?" Totomaru, added on while looking for any nearby suspects.

"Ugg," Konparu started, opening his eyes. "Hikaru, Totomaru. The teacher suddenly called me over. If I don't pass the makeup I will have to repeat Year 1." He said.

"'What!?!" Totomaru and 'Hikaru' yelled.

Honoka walked through the door in time to hear what Konparu said, so she was shaking her head at their current situation.

The group went somewhere to have an emergency study session for Konparu.

"I told you that's wrong! You have to first multiply the numbers inside of the parentheses." Totomaru scolds Konparu.

"Is this a sort of code?" Koparu asks, staring confusedly at the math notebook in front of him.

"Did you not learn this in grade school?!" Totomaru roared at him. He took a deep breath, since Konparu was starting to seethe. "Alright, calm down and try again." Totomaru suggests.

"You're surprisingly smart Totomaru." Honoka comments about the orange-headed male.

He looks at her with a sweatdrop. "Hey hey what do you mean by surprising?" He looked slightly dejected.

"You should see our teacher praise him in class." 'Hikaru' tells her. "She nearly cries tears of joy every time."

Honoka nods in acknowledgement for correcting Konparu on the problem he just finished.

After a few hours of studying, Konparu looked wilted at all the information he attempted to cram into his brain. Leaving the group, he was swaying muttering things about Sine, Cosine, and Tangents.

"I hope Konparu will be okay." 'Hikaru' comments to Totomaru and Honoka.

"I taught him, so he should easily get 60 points. 30 at the least."

"Totomaru, you're really smart! It's almost a shame that you go to Shishiku. Didn't anyone ever suggest going to a more academic school?" 'Hikaru' questions and praises Totomaru.

Totomaru looked ahead of him while answering. "Yeah...sort of. But I'm glad I came to Shishiku." He turned to face them. "It's where I met you guys afterall," he said with a smile. "Let's promise that we'll become second years together!"

"Yeah!" Both girls immediately agreed with large smiles of their own.

"Step one: Help Konparu pass. That should be the hardest part." Honoka comments.

There was then a small commotion in front of them. A lady was getting robbed in broad daylight by two thugs outside of a convenience store.

Honoka sighed. "Here we go again." She comments to herself before going to catch up with 'Hikaru' and Totomaru who already went to help the lady.