Chapter 15: Distance

Author Note: Here is a key for reference in case the reading is confusing.

"" -Someone is speaking outloud

'' -Someone is thinking to themselves/also used to for the name Hikaru at times to show that it is actually Hinako in disguise.

***. -Time Skip

________________________________________________________________________________

3rd Person POV

Another day at Shishiku just like any other. It's lunchtime for the group, so Konparu and Honoka walk to 'Hikaru's' and Totomaru's classroom to get together.

Honoka takes a seat at the desk next to 'Hikaru' who has the window seat in the back of the classroom. The girls share a smile together before beginning to eat their meals.

In the two desks in front of the girls Totomaru and Konparu either lean against the desk or sit on top of it. While semi-seated they face the rest of the class talking with random classmates, nonchalantly.

"Here's that magazine I was talking about yesterday!" A boy came up to Totomaru, handing over a magazine.

"Sweet! Thanks!" He received the magazine with a smile.

Another boy runs up to Konparu with a paper in his hand and a worried expression. "Konparu, did you finish the homework for the next class? Can I copy it?"

"Of course I didn't." Konparu states with his stoic face and a thumbs up.

Halfway through their awkward meal the girls glance at each other in their silence, despite being surrounded by many people.

"Hey sis?" 'Hikaru' says.

"Yeah, 'Hikaru'?" Honoka faces her.

"Is it just me, or is there distance between us and everyone else?"

Everyone besides Totomaru and Konparu were keeping a good set distance between 'Hikaru' and Honoka.

Popping into their conversation, Totomaru says, "Well you are the boss of the first years, so it's to be expected."

"I suppose, but that doesn't make sense for Honoka too." 'Hikaru' questions.

Konparu now joins, saying, "Well if they are scared of you, they wouldn't want to mess with your sister in any sense." He explained with his normal stoic face.

"So either they think I would deck them, or they would be able to become friends with me, which would cause 'Hikaru' to deck them? Is that what I'm getting?" Honoka deduces.

"Yup! That pretty much sums it up Honoka," Totomaru responds with his signature smile.

Both girls simply sigh at their situation.

"Aw, cheer up. I'm sure you'll get a chance to interact with everyone soon enough. I mean the sports festival is coming up soon, right Konparu?"

"Yes, it will be a good chance to fully establish your control over the first years, Hikaru." Konparu finishes with his unwavering tone.

"Sports Festival?" 'Hikaru' inquires.

"Is it like a normal school sports day?" Honoka adds on.

"Pretty much," Totomaru starts, "It usually ends in a school brawl though, but it's a chance to compete against the second and third years."

"Does that mean we will be against Houou?" Honoka wonders.

"No, he'll be on the judging committee, since it would be too rough if he joined in." Konparu explains.