Chapter XXVIII

"Босс. Все готово." Dominik walked up to Alexi, eyeing the cigarette that hung from his lips. His now tattoo-covered hand was tightly wrapped around a slightly burnt lighter that survived his mansion's bombing. SUVs loaded with heavy weapons and artilleries alongside fully weaponized soldiers in swat gear lined up ready for what was to come that night.

[Boss. Everything is ready]

He raised his hand to take a hold of the cigarette that he made sure to abuse in order to release his stress. Nonetheless, it did not ease his mind from working at astronomical speeds.

The soldiers subconsciously stood taller, widening thier shoulders to appear as strong as possible to thier Don as he stepped down from the office in his warehouse down to the field out-front.

His attire was of utmost anomaly, as it differed from his signature suits. His black combat boots that thudded against the concrete floor matched his body-tight short sleeved shirt and the black holster fully equipped with Glocks, while an AK47 was strapped to his shoulder and belted ammunition was strapped to his chest.

The onyx cargo pants he wore were not any different as more ammunition and guns were attached to his waistband or secured in his pockets.

Alexi was prepared to use all of it, even if the situation does not call for it. I'm going to empty these bullets in your chest, Sebastián, after I skin you alive from neck to abdomen.

He gripped his favorite gun, one that was accessorized with engravings of a three headed dragon that once rested on the front wall of his mansion.

That very symbol perished when the north wing of his house was bombed, marking the ending of an era for the Dimitris and the start of a new one. He decided that he would plant this symbol everywhere so that it would require hundreds of bombings to obliterate the sight of the Dimitri family totem.

The three headed dragon rested on his scarred shoulder and slithered down to his right hand that was covered in ink. The totem was engraved in his skin, covering the effect that the fire and surgery had on his body.

He could not shed off a layer of his skin, so he formed another. The tattoo spread its wings across his back and rested its claws on his neck, joining the rest of the tattoos that adorned his neck, making his right shoulder bare a stark contrast to his left.

Without much of a warning, Alexi raised the gun in his hand, lifting it in the air before pulling on the trigger. The blaring sound of the gunshot scared off a flock of birds that were once rested on a tree branch nearby.

Dominik called out to the rows of men to salute their Don. "Внимание!" He hollered. The soldiers immediately turned facing Alexi and Dominik, the sound of thier boots thudding in unison and thier chants echoed in Alexi's ears. He fucking loved it.

[Attention!]

Ivan stood behind the Don and his underboss; hands clasped behind him as he surveyed the scene. He made sure his soldiers were trained vigorously for this day, so much so that they all were mentally trained to accept death if it may befall them.

They were loyal to the Dimitri bloodline till thier last breath, which always brought confusion to Ivan. If they all were truly loyal, then how did Sebastian infiltrate his way through security and plant those bombs? Ivan wondered to himself...but he didnt need to.

They were going to find all the answers to thier questions tonight.

Alexi stepped forward, drawing the attention of everything around him. The flowing wind halted in anticipation, the leaves curled into themselves, and the sun rays retreated away from him.