Chapter 4

After a long thirty minutes, the bell's unholy screeches filled the school. Its cries jolted Tenko awake in an instant, causing him to look around quickly. His heart skipped a beat when he noticed that Toya, too, had fallen asleep with his head on the table. However, somehow, the demonic-like screeches of the bell had not woken him up. Tenko gave a small eye roll as he sat up and nudged him.

"Oi. Toya." The ravenette stated. "Wake up, Dumbass."

The albino gave a short, brief whine. His turquoise eyes slowly fluttered open, soon meeting Tenko's own ruby eyes. He had to admit, the way Toya's eyes shimmered like diamonds was hella attractive.

"Huh?"  Toya hummed, sitting up and rubbing his eyes. "What'd you wake me up for? What time is it?"

"The bell just rang." Tenko informed him as he slid out of his desk, rather flawlessly, and spun around to pick up his stuff. "I'm surprised it didn't wake you up. Shits loud as hell."

Toya gave a hesitant but brief nod as he got up. He gathered up his notebook, pencils, and all the equipment he had sprawled all over his desk just to shove them deep into the abyss of his bag. He then flung the bag over his shoulder and turned to Tenko.

"Welp, I gotta head out." The albino informed him, stuffing his hand into his pocket. "I've got to go gather up all my siblings. Take care, all right, Princess?"

Tenko scowled at the nickname. It wasn't just the nickname that pissed him off, but rather the fact that Toya had always said it so casually. As if they had been friends forever and they had just grown up on the name. He didn't argue back, for some reason, as he neatly packed away his things.

"Whatever, Dumbass." he grumbled back.

He winced when he felt Toya's hand on his head. It ruffled through his hair, the albino chuckling, as he walked by Tenko and out the door. Tenko had half the mind to whip around and snap at Toya's fingers. However, when he finally did turn around, Toya was gone. He now stood alone in the room.

Tenko scoffed and turned back to his backpack. Okay, Tenko. It's been a long, hard day. Let's just go home and take a nap! Yeah...an actual nap sounds great right now. Snatching up his bag, the ravenette threw his stuff over his shoulder and headed for the door. He knew Hana would meet him up front so that they could walk home together. If not, and she decides to go hang out with her friends, then he would go home alone.

Turns out, unlike he expected, Hana was there waiting. She seemed to be waving off Rumi and the blonde kid Toya had mentioned earlier. Keigo or something. Hana's eyes turned to Tenko and she gave him a wide grin.

"Hey Ten!" She called happily, waving him over.

The male twin gave a heavy sigh as he walked over to her. "Hey Hana. Ready to go? I've had enough of this place for one day."

The female twin giggled at her brother's remark and nodded shortly. She joined his side as they made their way back home. Hana's voice filled the unwanted silence, ranting about teachers and classes and work that was "so stressful." Of course, that was only because Hana was in all of the gifted classes while Tenko was just under half of them. He knew some of them were hard, but some she just flat out over exaggerated about.

By the time they had reached home, Hana had pretty much talked his ear straight off. It was going to be so nice to finally get some peace and quiet in the serenity of his bedroom. As they headed up to the porch, Tenko glanced at the driveway. Their mother's car was not there, as he had expected, which meant an even quieter time. Hana would be busy doing homework and their mother probably wouldn't be back until much later that evening. Which meant Tenko could happily collapse on his bed in peace.