Chapter 3

Jennie stucks the pancakes in a lunchbox. Before closing it she ads a little container of strawberry sauce to the box. She prefers her pancake with fruity topics so she packed these for Lisa. She has noticed that the girl isn't eating well. Everytime the food was brought to the room Lisa took two bites before ignoring the food completley. To be honest, the hospital food doesnt really looks yummy at all. So maybe Lisa eats more when the food is better. And pancakes are usually some sort of comfort food, atleast for her, so Jennie thinks she will probably like these. She puts the box in her back along with the usual stuff she also brought yesterday. She just ads one thing. Its a little stuffed animal in the form of a cat. She bought it yesterday evening in Hongdae. Some people need something to hold on to. Maybe Lisa is that kind of person.

She's taking the bus to hospital today. She doesnt want Jisoo to drive her again, because her cousin is extremly busy. During the drive she mostly listens to music and plays withe strap of her hoodie. She also brought one of her old hoodies for Lisa, cause the hospital gowns are probably not really comfortable. She wants Lisa to feel comfortable. Maybe it makes her talk or comunicate. She leaves the bus at the right busstop right inftont of the hospital building. She quickly enters the building and goes upstairs to Lisas station. She meets Chaeyoung in the hallway.

"Hello Jennie."

"Hi Chaeyoung. How are you?", Jennie asks

"I'm good. Good Luck with Lisa"

Jennie just nods and quickly goes to room 33c. She knocks three times before entering. Lisa flinches a little when Jennie enters, but shes not moving away. She just looks at Jennie. Theres a glas of water and a piece of bread with cheese ont the table, but theres only one bite taken from it.

"Hey Lisa", Jennie greets her and pulls the pancakes out.

"I have something for you. You probably like these more then that.", she says und offers her the open lunchbox.

Lisa takes it and takes a look at it. She seems to like them and that makes Jennie smile a little. She watches Lisa carefully taking bites from the pancakes and dipping them into the sauce. It takes the girl only a few minutes to finish them. No wonder, because she really must be hungry. Lisa returns the box to Jennie, who puts it away. Jennie pulls the sweatshit and the stuffed animal out.

"This is for you too. Its a hoodie and a little stuffed cat. You can name it if you want."

Lisa takes the stuffed animal and raises her arms signalizing Jennie to help her put it on. Jennie cautiously approaches to Lisa and pulls the hoodie over her head. Lisa smiles a little while hugging the stuffed animal thightly. Jennie keeps sitting on the bedside next to Lisa and when she touches Lisas shoulder, slightly caressing it, Lisa flinches just a littlebit.

"Do you want me to tell how you're therapy would work, if you want to do it?", Jennie ask.

Lisa nods her head. Jennie keeps holding her hand and starts explaining

"So we would first talk a lot. Not just with words, the're other ways if you dont want to speak. And after that when you say you're comfortable with it, we would start a special kind of physiotherapy, but I dont want you to worry about that now. It's the last step.", she finishes.

Lisa looks kinda scared. Jennie keeps petting her hand a little to comfort the girl. Lisa looks a little sleepy. So Jennie gently puts her down on the bed and covers her wit he blanket.

"Take a little rest, okay. I stay here.", she says while Lisas eyes are slowly closing.

After a few minutes Somebody knocks on the door. The door opens and Chaeyoung enters.

"Is she sleeping?", Chaeyoung asks quietly to not wake somebody up.

"Yes she is.", Jennie answers and lifts herself up from the chair next to Lisas bed.

"I haver her IV injection here. Would you mind to hold her arm so i can inject it better."

"Of course"

Jennie bends down a little to be able to hold her arm better. While Chaeyoung moves the needle to the right spot on the girls flawless skin, Jennie caresses Lisas arm a little. Lisa flinches a tiny bit, when Chaeyoung injects the IV. A small drop of blood apears on Lisas arm, but the doctor quickly wipes it away with a papertowel.

"Any progress?", she asks

"She has eaten some pancakes. I would consider that a progress.", she answers

"Really thats great Jennie. I'm really thankfull, that you can help her that good. She's been here for severall month and didn't made any progress until you came here."

"I'm just doing what I can do."

"Okay I'm gonna go. We have a new patient on the station so I'm gonna check on her. It's her first day so she may need some sort of comfort. Bye"

And with that the blonde leaves the room and closes the door behind her. Jennie sits back on her chair and watches Lisa whos still sleeping peacefully. She uses this as a chance to take some notes about the day for her protocoll. She also wants to use the time to brainstorm some other ideas to hopefuly earn Lisas trust. Jennie was thinking about something that would maybe create a comfortable situation, when she suddenly hears sobbing next to her. The first thing she sees are Lisas frightend eyes. Jennie comes carefully closer to Lisa and sits down on the bed right next to Lisa. The girl is not flinching at all. Jennie grabs Lisas hand an sqeezes it tightly.

"Ssh. It's okay. It was a bad dream, wasnt it?"

Lisa nods her head. Jennie puts her arm around Lisa shoulder and caresses the girls back carefully, trying to calm her down.

"Everything is gonna be alright. You're not alone. I'll help you." Jennie says in a calmig voice.

She feels how Lisa fells into her touch and the girl puts her head on Jennies shoulder. It takes a while for Lisa to stop crying and sobbing, but when she finally does she gives Jennie a thankful look. Jennie checks the time und notices that it's already time for her to go. When she tries to stand up Lisa holds on to her even more.

"You dont want me to go?"

Lisa nods her head heavily.

"Okay. I stay a little longer. Alrigth?"

Lisa agrees trough noding and Jennie sits back down on Lisas bed.

"Do you want me to tell you some more about the therapy?", she asks cautios.

Lisa agrees.

"Good. The therapy will obivisouly require a lot overcoming and courage, cause it is just not easy to talk about it. And it will take you a lot of time to find the courage to just tell me what happend, but were gonna take as much time as you need. We will wate until you think you're ready. No one is gonna stress you or force you to do anything.", Jennie finishes.

"Sleep well, okay.", she says before waving Lisa a goodbye.

When Jennie comes out of the hospital a familiar car stands in the parking lot. It's Jisoos car.

"What are you doing here", Jennie says while opening the cardoor.

"I'm picking you up, cause you're new car is at home. It got deliverded this afternoon and you know i dont want you to go home alone this late."

"Im 25 not 15, but fine", Jennie says while she secures her seatbelt.

"How was your day? Any progress with your patient?"

"You know that I cant telle you anything."

"Yeah, right. I wont ask further questions, I promise", Jisoo answers

The drive continues really quiet. When they arrive at Jennies apartment Jennie gives Jisoo a hug before going inside

(Long update for you guys)