~ Pillow Princess ~

Freddy Krueger X Shy Princess Reader
Story Request by: @ClearRoar

It was hard being the princess of a noble family that also just so happened to be one of the wealthiest families in the world. You didn't care for the fame or all the public attention. its a lot of pressure being a role model for young girls all over the world. But things might have gotten harder once Freddy appeared.

• 12 hours prior •
You walked down the old, heavily polished stairs of the castle, hurrying to find someone fast. You ran towards the main entrance of the palace to find your father, aka the King, talking with the guards.

"Father! Father!" You exclaimed as you tan towards him. "What is it, what's wrong, Y/n?" He said worriedly. "There was a man, in my dream! He- he was burned and- and had knives for fingers! He was trying to kill me!" You cried. "Oh, love. It sounds like you had a nightmare." He said with relief. "No! I- I know what a nightmare is. It wasn't a nightmare, Father. It was real. I felt him... in the room with me. He was there!" You said as you began to raise your voice, trying to make him understand. "Nonsense, Dear. Now go get ready. We have that big ceremony soon. We wouldn't want you to miss it, now would we?" He said with a warm smile. "No, Father." You said with a sigh as you began to walk back up the steps.

Once you got back into your room, you began to get ready. Your maids helped you put on your dress and tighten your corset. Once they were finished, they left you alone in your room. You sat on a small stool in front of your vanity and began to brush your hair. Your mind started to wander, thinking about the nightmare. Suddenly, you saw the man in the mirror, the same man from your dream. The same burns, same knife gloves, same fedora hat, same striped sweater. It was him.

You shrieked at the sight of him, causing your maids to run back in. "What is it, your highness? Are you okay?" Said one of the maids. When you looked back into the mirror, he was gone. "Oh.. uhm... it's nothing. I just saw a spider, that's all." You lied, trying not to sound insane. "Oh, ok then." And with that they left again. "I will find out who you are."

• 5 hours later, at the Ceremony •
Your father was giving a speech to the people as you and your mother sat to the side. "And so, as King, I give..." your father went on. You sat there, looking over the large crowd of people. Then, you heard a noise. It was almost like a little song, a nursery rhyme maybe? Then you heard the words. "One, Two, Freddy's coming for you. Three, four, better lock the door.." you gasped, looking around to see if anybody else was hearing it. You turned to your mother but she was still smiling and listening to your fathers speech. "Five, six, grab your crucifix. Seven, eight, gonna stay up late. Nine, ten, never sleep again.." your eyes widen.

"Y/n!" Your father said sternly. You shot your gaze towards him. "Finally. It's times for you to make your speech." He said with a wide smile. "Oh.. ok." You said nervously. You stepped up to the stand and gave the crowd a crooked smile. "Uhm.. hello, everyone. I'm not really sure what to say." You laughed awkwardly, making the crowd chuckle. "I'm sorry, I'm not really good with public speaking. I guess what I want to say is, thank you all for the support and love... to any young girls and boys out there, be yourself..." you rambled while staring at the crowd. While staring you saw him again. Your eyes widened as you saw him standing in the crowd staring at you with a devious grin.

"And don't change yourself for anyone! Have a lovely evening!" You said as you stepped down from the platform and ran back to your seat. The crowd clapped. Soon enough, the ceremony was over and everyone had left.