Behind Closed Doors

Brahms Heelshire x Fem!Reader

You were hired by the Heelshires about six months ago to babysit their son, Brahms. After about the second month you figured they weren't coming back. After the third you found out they had passed. You've thought about abandoning the stupid doll but you really had nothing else going for you.

Aside from your boring life, something else was holding you back. Every time you went for the front door, it was locked, even if you didn't lock it. Every time you opened the door, you heard a loud bang on the wall.

"What the fuck?" Is what you first thought the first few times it happened. Eventually you came to a conclusion you were living with some not so friendly ghosts. After a while you would tell said 'ghosts' something along the lines of, "oh hush, I'm getting the mail..." Which usually shut them up.

One day you were sitting in the kitchen, reading a book and drinking a glass of wine. You figured you'd have some fun since there was no one around you, or so you thought. As you were reading, you heard a door in the other room open and then close. You gasped and closed your book, thinking there was an intruder.

You stood up from your stool and walked towards the stairs, creeping up the steps quietly. You ran into your room and grabbed Brahms, who you tucked into your covers a couple of hours before for a nap. You ran into the closet and shut it. You held the porcelain doll close to your chest when you remembered you forgot your phone in the kitchen.

After about thirty minutes of hiding you decided to step out of the closet. You crept down the steps and into the kitchen, grabbing your phone. You didn't know where you found the courage, maybe from the wine you were drinking before, but you called out.

"Hello? Is anyone there? If someone's here... show yourself.." you called. No response. At this point, you were so fed up so you jokingly said "Brahms? Is that you?" With a laugh. Suddenly the floor boards outside of the kitchen began to creep. You grabbed the doll off the counter and backed up.

A tall, about 6'3/6'4 man, incredibly hairy, with longish dark curls stood in the doorway. It wasn't his figure that scared you, but more the mask he wore. A dirtied, white, porcelain mask rest on his face. You looked at him, and then down at the doll in your arms, both faces almost identical.

"B-Brahms..?" You stuttered out, your heart beat racing. "Yes..." a quiet, child like voice spoke. "Oh my god.. I thought.. I thought you were dead." You said shakily. He just shook his head in response. You began stepping towards him slowly, causing his muscles to tense. "It's okay.. I won't hurt you." You said as you walked towards him.

You stood in front of him, staring up at the white mask. "Why do you wear it? If you don't mind me asking.." you asked, tilting your head slightly. He hesitated for a moment before responding. "Fire." "Fire?" You repeated. "Oh.. that fire.." you said, recalling the fire that supposedly 'killed' him many years before.

You slowly began reaching up to touch the mask but he stopped you. He held your wrist in his hand, his breathing deeper and angrier. "Hey.. it's okay.. I won't take it off if you don't want me to." You said as you placed a hand on his chest. His muscles relaxed slightly and his grip loosened.

After a couple minutes, Brahms let go and began walking away. "Wait-" you said, but he ignored you. Brahms left, leaving you alone in the kitchen. You sat down and finished your book.

A week later

About a week after the encounter with Brahms, he hasn't really made appearances. You'd see him out of the corner of your eye, or hear him moving around in the walls, but never really got to sit and speak with him.