CHAPTER 5: Heal

The beast leaps at me and I bare my claws without shifting. I grab him by the neck and pin him down. In his wolf form, his momentum is greater and so is the force he hits the ground with. I don't give him a chance to react.

"Shift!" I instruct, feeling the power in my command. Those observing bow their heads in submission and Storm shifts back into a naked Denzel. My claws are now around his very human neck, and I tighten my grip.

"You feel better now? Is it out of your system? Has it been worth it Black?" I ask, my anger and irritation increasing. My grip around his neck makes it impossible for him to respond and my claws are starting to draw blood.

"Listen to me very carefully. I am your Alpha, I don't care if you hate me, but you do not challenge me unless you want to die. In fact, I'm still debating if I should let you live after such a blatant display of disrespect. Your life is my hands right now Black," I dig my claws a little deeper and he lets out a cry. No one dares to move, or speak, it feels like most of them are even holding their breaths. The power emanating from me has rendered them catatonic. I let Eris out for just a second and feel my eyes glow silver.

"If you cannot respect me, it will serve you right to fear me," she says before I take back my control. Denzel looks terrified. I look him in the eye with a bored expression, he lowers his gaze, I tilt my head satisfied.

"Good," remark before I release him. I leave him gasping for air as I get a cloth to clean his blood off my hands.

"I think we're done for today," I say to Timothy. I locate Brie and she follows behind me only stopping to glare at Denzel.

"Get him out of here," she instructs no one in particular, but a group of warriors run to him, give him a towel to cover his naked body and start to apply pressure on his neck to slow the bleeding. An injury from an Alpha will take time to heal, and I'm glad. Maybe he can use that time to reflect and try to pattern himself.

As soon as I step out of the Training Centre, I shift. I let Eris take control because she's angry and needs to let off some steam. A good run will help. Brie's wolf runs beside me. Although Brie herself is quite short for a werewolf; about 5'7, her wolf is large, like a Beta wolf should be. Her name is Regina, and she has Dark Ginger fur that matches Brie's hair. Her fur has small dark spots all over, like Brie's freckles. Brie's complexion is like that of dessert sand. She is light skinned so her freckles are dark and cover most of her body.

The only sounds we hear are our paws hitting the ground and the wind blowing past us. When we get home, we shift back and grab the clothes kept in one of the boxes attached to a tree. We have boxes like that throughout the territory since we rip our clothes when we shift. As soon as we enter the house, Rita is there, looking quite surprised to see us.

"Back so soon?" she asks, cheerfully until she sees my expression. I walk past her. I'm not in the mood for a talk, I need to go into the gym and punch out this anger.

"What happened?" Rita whispers to Brie, who simply sighs before she offers an abridged explanation.

"Denny shifted and attacked her at training," is all she divulges before running to catch up to me. I hear Rita let out a growl, "That mut!" she growls out before I stop paying attention.

3 hours and about 4 and a half punching bags later, both Eris and I have calmed down, well me more than Eris, she's taking her time to get there. I've taken a shower and have decided to go to the pack hospital to check up on Denzel. His injuries should have started healing by now, also he should be in a better position to talk so we can put this chaos to rest. It's my first day back and I've already put someone in hospital. That's day 3 or day 4 stuff. I just know I'm going to get an earful from my parents, but at least I'd have covered my bases.