CHAPTER 20: Discovery

Dear Reader

This is your mature content warning.  It's nothing raunchy (yet) but its is a little spicy.  And to my little sister who is reading this (She's 18 so its allowed) I don't want to see your face for the next 2 business days.

*****

We've been in the Pack archives for at least three hours now, and there is just so much to look through. Brie, Mo, Charlotte and I have been reading retellings of pack history and still, none of us have come across anything that can explain the peculiar changes I have been going through. Further to that, I haven't seen any mention of a Selene Wolf.

We have seen a few diaries that are mostly just blank, and Charlotte insists on gathering those to the side. Says once we've looked a little, she wants to try something, but she wants to gather many of these diaries as possible, just in case it works. By the time we are nearing the 5th hour, we are all a little too tired to keep reading what honestly are not so interesting Diary entries. They are all formal and hardly ever get personal and as for the ones that have blank pages they seem to stop once the writer finds their mate. Just "Dear Diary, today I found my mate...". Then nothing at all.

We decide to take a recess to refresh. Mo and Brie take to a corner and I stay with my mate. We are a lot closer, so I actually prefer this set up. I want to know her more. Get more comfortable with her. The more of her I see, the more amazing she is. I've noticed that the trauma of being neglected sometimes creeps in, so I have tried to involve her in a lot of the things I do so she doesn't ever feel like she's not wanted.

Whilst we are sitting down and snacking, Char gets up and gets a pile of those diaries we put aside. She opens them and then I see her eyes glow green. She looks over the blank pages and smiles.

"I knew it!" she whispers triumphantly, and I move closer to her in the hopes of being told what she's discovered.

"What is it Char?" I ask.

I don't know if you want everyone to know so I'll use the mind link. She says to me and I'm even more intrigued.

I don't mind, but I like having you in my head, so continue. I tease. She smiles and playfully pushes me.

"There was a time my mother and brother left for a while to attend some Millennial Something a few years ago," she begins to say out loud, catching Brie and Mo's attention, who come closer to hear.

"It was like a two-week thing in the Royal City celebrating the Great Union and Queen Diana."

"Oh, we went to that!" Brie interjects. It was when I was in "exile" for those six years. My parents couldn't be away from the pack for so long, so they asked me to go in their stead. That's where I met the prince, and we became somewhat acquainted. I remember seeing, the alpha-to-be Kane and his mom who was the Alpha of Grey Valley at that time, and there was no mention of Charlotte.

"Wait, you were there?" Charlotte looks angry for a moment, and I reach out to squeeze her hand.

"Everything okay?" I ask.

"Yeah, it's just that... well... I was supposed to go. I had packed to go and everything, but they left me like they did with the Ball. I could have met you then, but because they forgot me, I didn't get the chance! You know that's when my mother decided to position my brother to be your forced mate? When they came back, they were so preoccupied with all that they didn't even realise they hadn't taken me with them! I should have met you sooner, but thanks to them I didn't!"

Her eyes are glowing green at this point, and I know Venus is right on the surface. She's pissed. I've never seen pissed Charlotte before. She's so very hot. I pull her in for a hug to try calm her down and she relaxes almost immediately.