CHAPTER 19: Explanation

Dear Readers

Sorry of the delay in publishing.  I'm going to change my schedule and publish every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.  That way I can dedicate the weekend to writing.  This chapter is quite long and is a bit of an info dump but I hope its still enjoyable. xx Moonshine

******************************************************************************************

"The dream was mostly Eres trying to help me come to terms with whatever the hell is happening to me," I conclude as a I finish the run down about what actually happened that day that I collapsed. I decide to omit the part about the Selene Moon thing because it doesn't make any sense to me, so I don't know how I will begin to explain it to other people.

"So is it just the mind link thing then?" Brie asks.

"Well..." I look at Charles who, understanding that disclosure is up to him, lets out a sigh and begins to explain.

"Uhm, well from what I have seen, she does have some form of super smell. She was able to smell the rogues in spite of the cloak. I haven't heard of anyone who can smell someone who has a cloak."

"And super hearing!" Adds Charlotte excitedly, causing everyone to look at her. She goes silent and my mother implores her to continue, which she does after a moment's hesitation.

"Uhm, well at the Ball, when my mom dragged me away. She made sure we were too far for anyone to hear, but Amari heard everything. So I think that could be part of it too." She fishes off louder than she started, having gained confidence by seeing that everyone was paying attention to what she was saying.

"So super hearing," Charles continues his list, "and there's the compelling thing."

Everyone looks at him confused and he realises that no one knows about it. I mean, they had no reason to since I thought it was normal so never felt the need to actually discuss it with anyone.

"What do you mean?" My dad chimes in, having been silent this whole time. Supposedly taking everything in.

"Well, I can kind of command people to do things against their will. Like an alpha command. They don't really have a choice. But I think it only works on pack members since they recognise me as their Alpha," I explain. I'm met by even more confused faces and I decide that an example will be best.

I feel my eyes glow as Eres surfaces and in her voice I hear myself say, "Brianna, stand up!" And she does, "Jump!" And she obeys, looking increasingly more perplexed. "Pet Alpha Nash," I say, firstly, for my own amusement and secondly because I know they both would be mortified enough to know that she has no choice in the matter. Although she makes her objections heard, her body obeys, and she does as she is told, to my father's annoyance and her horror.

I hear Charlotte and Charles let out a slight snicker, and before more can be done, my mother puts an end to it by raising her hand and shaking her head.

Brie makes her way to her seat glaring at me and I smile innocently miming an apology.

I'll get you back for that you frigid bitch!

I hear her threaten in the mind link and it makes me laugh more.

"Okay," my mother evaluates, "So the command thing doesn't make someone willing, it just makes them comply in spite of their will?"

"Yeah, basically," I agree, hardly sure if that's the case but willing to accept it as a plausible answer.

"We need to look more into what's going on," my dad interjects, "We need to know how far it could go and whether we should be cautious in case using any of these abilities will hurt you. Your safety is a priority Amari." He's very firm when he says this and although it sounds sweet, his tone of voice results in us acquiescing at a military standard.