First Family Dinner

Xander's POV

When my parents sat me down last month to tell me that they found me a wife, I laughed so hard thinking that they were joking but I will never forget their faces when I realised that they were serious.

First of all they know that I'm not ready to settle down, everyone in my life knows this, hell I've been dating the same girl for 4 years now, I mean if I wanted to settle down I would have asked her to marry me by now, we'd be married.

Secondly, they know that I have a girlfriend so I don't understand why they would go out and find me a wife.

My girlfriend Veronica, was livid when I told her about my parents' decision, it is no secret that my family doesn't like Veronica, they think of her as someone who is only with me because of my wealth as well as my family's. Veronica is the daughter of Paul Anderson, a former university football head coach, he was a player in the 80's and coached in the late 90's, he retired in 2014. Her mother was a housewife, she and her father married straight out of college and they had her a few years after marrying. They have been living off of Paul's football money, he used to be a famous player, he had endorsements and sponsors so all that money would be enough to last them a lifetime.

Veronica has been in my life for years and I can't imagine myself without her, I'm not going to stop loving just because my family picked out some random girl to be my wife, no. My heart lies with Veronica.

Today when my father announced that we would be going to meet "my future wife" I was annoyed and nervous but mostly annoyed, I am going to make sure that whoever this girl is, regrets choosing me as her meal ticket. My parents say Veronica is after our money but this girl and her family could be the ones after our money.

When we arrived and got out of the car I couldn't believe my eyes, we were in front of a mansion a huge one at that, I didn't expect their house to be this massive, maybe they aren't after our money after all. Why would anyone who lives in a house like this need to bind their child in a marriage of convenience? None of this made sense, unless their child is a hideous beast and has no real chance of getting herself a social life.

We entered the house and their butler led us upstairs to Vincent Hernandez's home office, were we had spent nearly two hours discussing the terms of the business contract and marriage contract, it is weird how his daughter was not present at the discussion.

When I excused myself to go to the restroom, my mind was occupied with thoughts of how this fiancee of mine looked. After doing my business in the bathroom I washed my hands and I exited, only to have someone collided with my hardened chest. I looked down to see a very breathtaking girl with her eyes drifting between me and the hallway.

My mind couldn't function properly, she was the most beautiful woman that I had ever seen in my entire life. In that moment I had forgotten that I had a girlfriend and after seeing her storm off when she heard the news of our engagement, I kinda sympathised with her, because I know what it feels like to be told that you are getting married to someone you don't want to marry or even know.

What I do know about her is that she has a business and IT degree from Harvard, where she was a valedictorian, she graduated 5 years ago but is not working, she however does love to shop and hang out with her two friends. Selena seems like the type of girl who doesn't know how to provide basic services for herself, she seems like the type of girl who only survives on her father's money and gets whatever she wants gifted to her. She is literally what my parents say Veronica is.

When I came downstairs I was on the phone with my assistant Travis, we were talking about a meeting that I was due to attend in the morning with my lawyer to talk about the final marriage papers.