press conference

Connie's POV

"Are you ready?" Xander leaned down and asked me and I nodded my head yes.

"Good morning ladies and gentlemen of the media, I know this press conference was abruptly scheduled but I'm quite surprised by the turn out, now without further delay, I know that some of you have seen the pictures circulating on social media since yesterday and you have questions, whereas some of you have theories and conspiracies"

"As you are all aware of my break up with Veronica Anderson, as most of you know that I was pretty distraught after it happened but before I could drown myself to death an angel came into my life" he said while he took my hand in his and he smiled causing me to also smile.

"That angel is this beautiful and smart woman standing next to me right now, she came into my life at the most unexpected time and she is the reason I'm standing here today, and to make sure that she stays in my life I proposed to her and she agreed to marry me" he said and everyone gasped almost making me laugh, I looked at Dante and Hunter and they seemed to be laughing at the reaction of the reporters.

"Now we wanted to set a few things straight by doing this live conference, to avoid people twisting our words against us and to also clarify somethings up, the floor is now open for questions, which both my fiance and I will answer"

Everyone scrambled to asked the first question and to pick one was a struggle until Xander picked a female journalist.

Journalist 1: Mr DeLuca, what is your fiancee's name?

Me: My name is Selena Hernandez.

Journalist 1: Where you involved with Mr DeLuca while he was with Ms Anderson?

Me: No I wasn't, I only met him after they broke up.

Journalist 2: So you went after him after he publicly broke up with his girlfriend?

Me: No I didn't, I didn't even know who he was when I met him. He just seemed like he could use a friend but one thing led to another.

Journalist 3: Why the rush to get married two months after he broke up with his girlfriend?
After all he'd been with her for almost four years and never once proposed to her unless there is something you aren't telling us.

Xander: There isn't anything we aren't telling you, my decision to marry Selena is purely based on my love for and she isn't a rebound.

Journalist 4: Mr DeLuca, do you seriously expect us to believe that you are over your ex girlfriend so quickly that you are ready to get married to another woman?

Xander: No I don't expect you to believe anything but we are here to tell you that whatever story you have cooking up to be able to sell isn't ours because Selena is going to be my wife and we weren't in a relationship while I was with Ms Anderson and to answer your question about being over my ex well no I'm not completely over her, because we had been together for nearly four years and we loved each other but people do grow apart and it wasn't exactly healthy for us to be together when nothing was working"

Wow the award for best performance goes to Xander DeLuca. This man has everyone believing that he actually loves me. This is both impressive and disturbing. I could never be that convincing, I'd crumble under the pressure.

Journalist 5: how certain are you that Ms Hernandez isn't with you for your wealth?

Xander: Because Ms Hernandez has her own family's wealth and she has done so much for our country with her foundation.

Journalist 6: So have you set the date for the big day?

Me: yes we have, it will be on the 23rd of November.