Misjudged

Xander's POV

So she does cook and I also heard from Emily that she is in charge of the Hernandez Foundation, I guess I was wrong about her, but in my defense when I first learned about our marriage I did kind of have her under surveillance for an entire month and all I got was her shopping with her friends and her just being in the house for days and when she's not in the house, she's out having a leisure time, nothing to show that she actually does have a job.

I guess I judged her but observing from a distance and now that she is within close proximity I see a lot of things that I missed last month. She is in fact remarkable because the Hernandez Foundation is a success in the country, I feel bad for wanting her to start a charity foundation under the DeLuca name because it's going to be a lot of work for her, on the other hand she could help strengthen the DeLuca name through the foundation just as she did the Hernandez name.

When I told Veronica to stop coming to the house a few days ago, she was hysterical about it. Honestly I don't know what it is but lately she's been a tad more clingy, she thinks it's cute, it's not.

She calls me twice in an hour, she's been dropping by the office during lunch time and after work, demanding that I drive her home, earlier today she came by the office and rudely interrupted a very important meeting when she burst in the boardroom, she didn't even look remorseful resulting in me losing a very powerful potential business partner and when I reprimanded her she fucking told me that "it's not a big deal and that I have a lot of money and don't need to get all worked up" then she tried to get me to take shopping. I refused and told her to leave and I guess she feels guilty because Giovanni told me that she had come by the house and she and Selena got into it.

I love her but she made me lose a major potential supplier and the deal was so good that it would have been a great start to expanding our company to France, now I need to find a new supplier that is willing to invest or possibly merge our companies.

The only thing that went right today was dinner, it was so delicious it nearly had me forgetting about my professional problems.

This sudden behavior of Veronica has me wondering if she is intimidated by Selena, I mean sure Selena is a beautiful woman and she is about to become my wife, but I don't love her, the only person that has my heart romantically is Veronica.

Not everyone understands our relationship, most people think that she's with me because of my wealth and social status, but she and I are not like that at all, yes I do give her money but that is because I want her to have the best and yes she sometimes gets modeling offers from friends of mine in the business but that is because she is a great model and she earns her position.

Why my parents don't like her? I don't know because they've only met her like four times and they just decided that they don't like her, she hasn't given them any reason not to like her, I know that my mother only tolerates her because she sees how happy I am with her, I know this because she once blatantly told me, word for word.

After dinner I excused myself and went up to my home office to try and at least figure out how I'm going to salvage the millions of dollars my company lost. I called my assistant Dylan and asked him to compile a list of possible companies we could make a deal with and all that came up was Mendez Co.

I've never really been interested in making business with companies that haven't been around for more that ten years, because they have a solid foundation and the newer upcoming ones are still unstable, they are still finding their footing so doing business with major companies like DeLuca Galaxies, maybe they are capable of handling it but I don't trust them to handle my company.

I've been told that successful people take a lot of risks to get even more successful and I guess I should actually take this risk, but the tricky thing is no one outside that building knows who the CEO is and how one does business with someone they don't know baffles me.