Valdez-DeLuca

Connie's POV

This whole week has been hectic, the wedding preparations and awaiting my Tia's arrival. It has been torture.

Xiomara, Xander and I have been running around like crazy this week, we've had to go to venue seeking and when I suggested that we have the wedding in our backyard, they basically laughed at me and told me that they are expecting at least 350 people excluding the media and paparazzi to show up. We looked at five venues so far, none of which were good enough for Xiomara.

Apparently she wants something with a fairy tale aesthetic. She thinks that because this is our first wedding, it has to be perfect in every way and to also capture the image of a DeLuca wedding, which means bigger is better and bigger is encouraged.

Xander and I are reluctant to this whole big wedding, now more than ever, because we are still trying to find our footing as a couple. Which is why we haven't even told our families and friends yet, we want to take things slow and planning a wedding just seems like hitting the accelerator instead of the brake paddles.

Xander told his family that he broke up with Veronica and apparently there is a DNA test that has to be done. Everyone was shocked but relieved that they finally broke up.

I'm currently in the driveway, waiting for Stanley to drive in with tia Catalina. He texted me and said that they are five minutes away and I just couldn't wait to see her. The last time I saw her was at my college graduation, we would occasionally talk on the phone but with everything going on at Mendez Co, it has been hard to keep in touch with most family members.

The house is located about 3 minutes away from the gates, that is how huge this property is. The black SUV made it's way up the driveway and drove to the front door and parked. I walked to the car and Stanley got out and rounded the car to open the back door, and the first thing I saw was a red bottom heel and a piece of floral fabric.

Tia Catalina got out of the car, she was a red and white floral dress, white sunglasses as well as red bottoms. She looked amazing, her entire aura made me feel safe and secure.

"Darling, don't just stand there, come give your tia a hug" she opened her arms and I rushed to hug her.

"Oh my goodness, I have missed you so much" I cried out.

"What about me?" A very familiar voice said and I pulled back from tia and just then I saw Carlos  standing on the other side of the car.

I ran to him and practically jumped on him, he held me and spun me around as we hugged, he then placed me back of the ground.

"What are you doing here? I thought that you postponed your trip until the wedding?" I asked.

"I did but then when mama told me that she was coming to help plan your wedding, I just couldn't help but come with" he replied and I laughed. "By the way this house is beautiful, good for you prima" he complimented and I nodded.

"Come on you guys, let's go inside, everyone is waiting" I said excited to introduce my two favorite family members to my new family.

We went inside where everyone was in the living room waiting.

"Darling, this house is magnificent" Tia complimented as she looked around. I just smiled and nodded.

"Tia, Carlos, I would like for you guys to meet the DeLucas. This is Rogelio, my father in law. Xiomara, my mother in law. Giovanni, my brother in law and my favorite, Emily, my sister in law. And last but certainly not least, my future husband" I introduced them to everyone. "And everyone, this is my tia Catalina and her son Carlos" I concluded.