Chapter 1: Don't give me that look

This One Does Not Follow An Episode

One Year Later

Alexis stood in the kitchen, coffee in hand as she enjoyed the silence. She smiles as she felt Dean snake his arms around her from behind. He presses a kiss to her neck. Alexis turns around to face him.

Dean leans down, pressing his lips to hers. Alexis slipped her arms around his neck, leaning up slightly. Dean lifted her up, setting her on the counter, his hands sliding under her shirt.

"You know," Dean begins, pressing a kiss to her jaw. "We've still got some time before Maddie wakes up. Shower?"

Alexis laughs a little. "I think you have a little too much fun sneaking around our daughter."

"Is that a yes, or...?" Dean asks, her lips brushing her neck.

"You're ridiculous."

"I'm taking that as a yes." Dean tells her, lifting her up off the counter and moving toward the bathroom.

~~~

Alexis smiles as Dean walked into the kitchen of their small two bedroom house. He was leaning over slightly as Madilyn gripped his fingers in her hand, her arms raised above her head. A part of Alexis couldn't believe Madilyn was already a year- and-a-half old and was beginning to walk.

Time was flying. In fact, time seemed to move faster ever since she and Dean had settled into the normal, apple pie, white picket fence lifestyle. Alexis knelt, holding out her arms. "Good morning, sweet pea. You're doing great." Alexis smiled as Madilyn let go of one of Deans hands and reached out for her.

Alexis lifted Madilyn into her arms, tickling her stomach. Madilyn laughs, squirming around. Alexis met Deans eyes and he smiled. Alexis placed Madilyn in her high chair, turning to the cabinet.

Alexis grabbed the box of cereal, turning back around and pouring some onto the table in front of Madilyn.

"Hey, Lex, did you wanna finish painting today?" Dean asks, grabbing a piece of bacon from the plate that sat on the counter.

"Yeah, you don't have to work late, do you?" Alexis replies, handing him a cup of coffee.

"Nah."

Alexis nods, her eyes flickering to the clock and back to Dean. He stands, walking around the counter. Dean leans down, pressing his lips to Alexis's. Madilyn squeals, waving her arms around.

Alexis laughs a little as Dean pulls back. "What?" He asks Madilyn. Dean leans over, pressing a kiss to his daughter's head. "I gotta go." He headed for the door.

Alexis lifted Madilyn into her arms. "Say bye-bye to daddy, Maddie. Wave." Alexis waved her own hand before setting Madilyn down.

Madilyn grabbed onto her leg, lifting herself into a standing position. Alexis held her hands as Madilyn walked toward Dean. He knelt to the floor, holding out his arms.

Madilyn let go of Alexis's hands and grabbed onto Deans. Madilyn hugged Dean, her arms around his neck. She pulls back, kissing his cheek. "Da...da."

"See you later, munchkin." Dean smiled, standing up. He handed Madilyn back to Alexis.

~~~