Chapter 24: Is that why it took so long for you to make a move?

Like A Virgin 1

"Well?" Dean asks as Castiel walks out of the panic room where Sam lay on a cot, unconscious.

"His soul is in place." Cass states.

"Is he ever gonna wake up?" Dean questions as Alexis gave his arm a squeeze.

"I'm not a human doctor, Dean."

"Could you take a guess?" Dean rolls his eyes.

"Okay." Cass turns to face Dean and Alexis. "Probably not."

"Oh, well, don't sugarcoat it."

"Take a better guess?" Alexis suggests with a shrug.

"I'm sorry, Dean, but I warned you not to put that thing back inside him." Cass says.

"Well, say your I told you so and get it over with." Alexis mutters.

"What was I supposed to do?" Dean snaps. "Let T-1000 walk around, hope he doesn't open fire?"

Cass walked toward Dean. "Let me tell you what his soul felt like when I touched it. Like it had been skinned alive, Dean. If you wanted to kill your brother, you should have done it outright." Cass disappeared.

"I'm sure it'll all work out." Alexis reassures Dean, wrapping her arms around him.

~~~

Dean pulled a chair up to Bobby's desk, taking a seat. Bobby placed a glass in front of him and filled it with liquor. "Like my daddy always said 'just because it kills your liver doesn't mean it's ain't medicine.' Sam still asleep?"

Dean grabbed the glass, nodding his head. "Yeah."

"He'll wake up."

"Yeah."

Alexis walked in the room, setting Madilyn on her feet.

"Dean, he's been through how much?" Bobby asks. "Somehow he always bounces back.

"He's never been through this." Dean says as Madilyn runs toward him. "Hey, kid." He lifted her into his lap as she smiles up at him. "Job?" Dean asks, gesturing to the newspaper clipping.

"Hmm, might be." Bobby hums.

"What's happening?" Alexis stopped behind Deans chair, setting her hands on his shoulders.

Bobby slid the paper to Dean. He grabbed it. Two Killed In Small Plane Crash, the headline read. "Can I help? Send me to the library? Anything?" Dean asks.

"Couple goes up in a light plane. Wreckage was just found in the woods." Bobby explains.

"Couple of Buddy Hollys doesn't really seem like 'News of the Weird.'" Dean dropped the paper as Madilyn mumbles to herself, standing on his leg.

"Pilot was found 17 miles away, flambeed." Bobby continues as Dean leans back in his seat. "Girl's just gone. No body, no nothing."

"Oh, well, that's normal." Alexis nods her head.

"Okay, I'm not changing the channel." Dean says.

"Dean." Sam's voice made everyone look over. He stood in the doorway, slowly stepping in the room.

"Sam?" Dean asks as Madilyn smile widely at Sam. Dean set Madilyn on her feet, standing. "Are you--?" Dean stopped when Sam pulled him in for a hug.

Alexis smiled a little as Madilyn giggles, wrapping her arms around Sam's leg. "Sammy." Madilyn says between giggles.