Chapter 5: Valid point

Two and a Half Men 1

It was a good thing that Dean and Alexis had bought a house as far away from the one they were previously renting was. Or at least after the encounter they'd just had it was. So now they were moving in earlier than planned. The house still needed some work, but it wasn't anything too serious.

Dean and Alexis agreed it'd be best if they got away from the other place. So now here they were unpacking everything they owned into a new house. Dean walked into the kitchen, box in hand.

Alexis walked down the stairs as Dean turned. "Whoa, what's going on?"

"What do you mean?" Alexis asks.

"I mean, why are you walking around in nothing but a bra and underwear?" Dean leans against the counter. "I mean, I'm not complaining, just curious as to why. Also, the blinds are open. And, uh, I'm the only one who gets to see this." He gestures to her.

"Well, then close the blinds. And, uh, the AC broke again, and I am sweating my ass off right now. It feels like it's about a million degrees. You're lucky I'm in this."

"Am I?" Dean smiles, closing the blinds. "Is everything...alright?"

"Yeah, why wouldn't it be?"

"I mean, have you taken a test?" Dean turned back toward her.

"A test?" Alexis asks, opening a box.

"Lex, a pregnancy test."

"No, why?"

"When you were pregnant with Maddie you got really hot too. Just wondering." Dean shrugs.

"Hmm, yeah. Are we still on board for baby number two?" Alexis asks hesitantly.

"I don't know, Lexi. Are we?"

"Dean, if everything that happened changed your mind, that's alright." Alexis turns to face him. "I mean, we made those plans before. . ."

"Yeah, yeah." Dean nods. "We'll just see how it goes for a while."

"Sounds like a plan."

"Daddy!" Maddie walked into the kitchen, reaching up for him.

"Hey, munchkin." Dean bends down, lifting her up. "What's up?"

~~~

Dean opened the front door as the doorbell rang. "Hey."

"Uh, one cheese, one everything?" The pizza delivery man asks.

"Yeah." Dean pulled out his wallet. "Thank you. There you go. Keep the change." He tells him, taking the pizza boxes. Dean shut the door, walking back toward the kitchen. "Pizza's here."

"You ordered pizza?" Alexis asks.

"Yeah." Dean answers as he set the boxes down.

"Hmm." Alexis hums.

"Everything alright?" Dean asks.

"Yeah." Alexis nods. "Just feeling a little off."

"You sure you're alright, Lex?" Dean asks, sitting down as Madilyn walked up to him. He lifted her up, sitting her in the chair beside him.

"Yeah." Alexis nods. "Totally."

Dean nods, turning to Madilyn. "You hungry?"

"Yeah." Madilyn nods eagerly, setting her stuffed duck on the counter.

~~~

Alexis, after getting appropriately dressed, walked out to the garage where Dean was unpacking things. Madilyn held her hand, following. "How's it going?" Alexis leans against the doorframe.