Chapter 10: Oh, so you can't count either?

Live Free or Twihard 1

Madilyn sat atop the trunk of the car as Dean and Alexis lean against the Impala in front of her as they waited for Sam to get out of the police station. 

"Hey, maybe I could take you out tonight. You know, just you and me." Dean nudges Alexis's side making her turn to him. 

"Hmm, well, doesn't that sound just heavenly?" Alexis smiles up at him. 

"Why must you mock me?" Dean placed a hand over his heart, feigning hurt and offence. 

Alexis laughs. "Yeah, Dean, that sounds nice." 

"Daddy." Madilyn tugs on Dean coat sleeve making him turn to her.

"Yeah, munchkin?" He asks. 

She held out a toy car to him, looking up at him with a hopeful glint in her eyes. "Play?" 

Dean knelt down so he was eye level with her as he took the car, knowing she wanted him to play with her. Alexis watched with a smile as Dean continued to make overly dramatic car-like noises. As Madilyn giggled while hitting his car with her own. Dean made an explosion noise, smiling as Madilyn laughed, clapping her hands. 

"Must everything end in an explosion with the two of you?" Alexis asks jokingly. 

"Yes, Alexis, it must." Dean replies dramatically. "Right, Maddie. 

"Yeah." Madilyn nodded her head. 

"Hey, just think in like eight months we'll have another one. Maddie will have someone to play with." Alexis shoves her hands in her pockets. 

"You ready to be a big sister, Mads?" Dean lifted her into his arms as she hit the two cars together again mimicking Deans explosion noise. "And its somebody's birthday tomorrow."

"I can't believe she'll be two already." Alexis shakes her head.

"What's going on?" Sam asks, stopping beside the two. 

"Maddie's cars are exploding." Dean tells him. 

"That's what you're so stoked about?" Sam asks.

"What do you got?" Dean questions. 

"Six girls in seven days." Sam held the paper out to Dean. "More disappearances than this city has seen in over a year. All about the same age and--"

"And cute." Dean fills in, nodding his head as he flips through the missing persons papers. 

Alexis rolls her eyes, jabbing her elbow into his side. 

Sam scoffs.

"Hey, ice cream comes in lots of flavors." Dean shrugs.

Alexis rolls her eyes once again. "Shut up, for the love of all things good and beautiful, shut up." 

"Right, okay. Sure, well, half dozen girls, late teens, a shower away from greatness. Sounds like a profile. I wonder what else they got in common." Sam continues.

"Well, six different directions to go here. Pick a number." Dean says. 

"Seven." Sam states.  "Another call just came in today."

~~~

"Kristen's a good kid." The father of the latest victim tells the three hunters. "A little naive, sure. You try and be a good parent. Girls are hard." 

"Hey, we are simple creatures." Alexis argues. 

Dean scoffs. "Whatever helps you sleep at night." He mutters.