Chapter 37: I live in a constant tea party

This One Does Not Follow An Episode

A violent knock at the door made Alexis jump awake. She let out an aggravated sigh, throwing the thin blanket off of her as Madilyn woke up and began to whimper. Of course, Dean was still out. "Lucky son of a bitch." Alexis mutters, opening the door to see Vivian. "What are you doing? At. . .5 a.m.?"

What Alexis really wanted to ask was, what are you doing here at all? But she bit her tongue.

"My flight was early." Vivian shrugs, walking inside.

Alexis closes the door, rubbing her eyes and sighing. "You couldn't have called or, I don't know, warned me you were gonna beat the door down at five in the morning when everyone is asleep?"

"What can I say, I like to be spontaneous." Vivian shrugs her shoulders.

Alexis crossed the room, lifting Madilyn into her arms and trying to calm her. "Well, why are you here?"

"Uh, an outing." Vivian sat down on the couch as Alexis rolled her eyes, moving back toward the bed. She sat down, resting her head against the wall.

"Well, be quiet or get out, okay? Or you can tell me why you're really here." Alexis closed her eyes, waiting for a response.

"I'm here for, like, a girl's day out. You know?"

"At five in the morning?" Alexis asks.

"No, I was just coming to let you know."

Alexis took deep breath, standing up once finally calming Madilyn. "Then bye." She mutters.

"I'm going to my hotel." Vivian stood, walking to the door. "Good luck getting her back to sleep."

Alexis turned to glare at her sister. "I hate you right now."

After calming Madilyn and putting her back to bed, Alexis crawled back into bed as well. She felt the bed dip as Dean shifted closer to her. "Why you up, darlin'?" He whispers, eyes still closed as he slings an arm over her stomach.

"Vivian." Alexis replies, curling closer to his warmth. "Now shut up and go back to bed."

~~~

An aggressive knock at the door made Alexis groan. She walked across the room, opening the door. "I'm a little busy at the moment."

"What are you doing?" Vivian asks.

"I have a tea party to attend at the moment, Vivian, okay?" Alexis crossed her arms over her chest. "I'm late as you can see. All the other guests are there."

"What time does the tea party end?" Vivian glances over Alexis's shoulder to see Dean and Madilyn sitting in the middle of floor.

"Uh, never." Alexis answers. "I live in a constant tea party."

"Can I join?"

Crap. "Uh, you know, that's not up to me. The host, she can be quite. . .picky with her guests. She does not enjoy other's presences."

"Ask her." Vivian pauses. "Please."

Alexis scoffs. "Damn it." She mutters, turning around. "We have a fourth guest."

"Four? Why is there four?" Vivian asks, stepping inside.

"Bucket the duck, Vivian." Alexis says in a 'duh' tone. "Then there's me, Dean. Now you, which makes four. Plus Maddie, but she's the host. Not a guest."

Vivian took a seat on the floor beside Madilyn with Bucket the duck on her other side. "Why is there a duck?" Vivian whisper to Alexis as she sat down.