13

"Fun fact,Maki and Nobaru are more open to speaking about whatever they're feeling," I drum my hands along my classroom table.It was overly quiet today and the only thing that could be heard was the corner clock,situated on the wall.It's ticking never stopped,counting down every passing second.

"Fun fact,people who have anger issues should be more open to speaking about how they feel instead of subjecting victims to doing so," he raises a simple brow.

Our eyes never left one another.

"Touchè," I say.He doesn't respond and the more I look at him,the more I take in the shape of his dark eyes,his intricate yet familiar facial features,his height,his build,his hair.I take in everything and tilt my head,watching him watch me and letting a very uncanny warmth settle in.

Something about him reminded me so much of-

"Well my therapist isn't speaking so I guess that's my cue to leave," he reaches for his bag and I use my foot beneath my desk,stopping his hand from taking it.My look is pensive and I lean forward.

"I have a task for you to do."

"Oh Goodie," he smiles but I know it's fake and the entirety of it only makes me laugh. "What is it?"

"I want you to write a letter," I clasp my hand at my chin,staring at him with amusement.

"Why?" he asks.

"The question is,to who?" I answer. "I want you to write a letter to your father.In this letter you are to tell him exactly what it is you think of him and why."

"Fuck no," he wanted to reach out for his bag again but I kicked his hand away,tilting my head further.

"Megumi," a soft sigh leaves my lips and instantly,my eyes go soft.It was no secret that I had a soft spot for all my students,sometimes I can be a bit much but because they're away from their families,someone has to supply them with warmth. "I want you to understand that it's okay for you to feel. It's okay for you to make use of the emotions you have."

"And what if I don't want to?" he asks

"You want to," I say. "You're just afraid of me reading it.You're afraid of allowing me to see this vulnerable side of you.You have questions,you want answers,explanations,valuable reason and in order for me to provide you with what I can,I need you to show me just enough of what's underneath that exterior of yours."

He looks away and gulps. "You won't show anyone?"

"This is between you and I," my voice is smooth and soft,warmth.I provide the warmth I desperately needed when I was his age. "Not even Satoru will know."

"I'm not good with speaking about my feelings Sensei." his voice drops softer than usual,a scowl on his face,shoulders slacked.

"You have been speaking about your feelings for weeks now Megumi.Now it's time for you to write it down on paper," something about writing just brought out either ones worst or ones best.On paper there is no filter,one could get so lost in writing you're unable to control what you write.The mind speaks on paper and on paper is how I'd get into Megumi Fushigiro's mind.I watched his head slowly lift up,his nonchalant look always manages to hit me everytime.For a second there,his dark orbs turned a slight green and I frown slightly.

"You okay?" he asks and I reply with a confused nod.

I must be way out of my head..

"Can I curse?" he asks again and this time,I laugh.

▪︎▪︎▪︎

"And before we close the minutes to this meeting,I'd like to bring up something non-curse related," Yoshinobu closes the book and turns to the fellow counsel. I wanted to get home,get to Nekoma and take a bath.I needed my mind off from school,the upcoming exams and how exactly I'm going to make that Linguine pasta tonight.