20

[First Name]

"It hit us all like a flood," Nobara's words were a soft whisper,her head faced downward and her hands sat in her lap.The only emotion solely embedded on her face was nothing but dread and the entire court room ran smoothly. "I tried to get to her but she was so stuck.She's strong you know but I didn't realize what she was without her weapons or glasses."

"What's that?" One of the counsel members spoke up as he leaned into the table.The smirk on his face was pulled so tight that anyone knew what his intention was.His name was Hakunaza and the only reason he sat on the board was because of a particular clan.

He was nominated,a nominee from the Zeni'n Clan couldn't be turned down.

Nobara gulped out and raised her head,tears glossing over her eyes.She wouldn't dare say what everyone else wanted her to say,what Hakunaza wanted to hear so instead she bit tongue and let her eyes glwssbeve more over.

"She's weak isn't she?," Hakunaza pressed,hoping she'd say it so he could have at least something to report back but Nobara looked away and fold her arms.I couldn't help but grit my teeth,scoffing when the imbecile kept pressing her on questions of Maki and her performance during classes,her stamina and even her fucking diet.

He didn't care but I did. "Excuse me is this a trial or a investigation.Maki Zen'in is the most strong-willed girl I have ever taught and her determination is anything but a weakness," my eyes narrowed onto the bastard. "Just because she got hurt doesn't make her weak,it makes her human."

"I don't know what she has to prove because frankly the Zen'in Clan doesn't care," his eyes narrowed down. "But if it puts other sorceres at jeapordy than it is a concern.There are intricate sorcerers with intricate abilities and we wouldn't want them to get hurt all because that brat finds it difficult to stay alive."

I slammed my hands onto the table,the heated stare he gave me was nothing compared to what I was giving him.I'm going to shove a baseball bat so far up his ass it'll be coming out of his mouth by the time I'm done. "The entire Zen'in Clan's legacy will be finished once Maki becomes the pinnacle of it."

"Enough," someone yells and I can hear the boredom in their voice. "I wasn't called in for some children's dispute."

After a mere moment of silence,I retracted my nails from the table wood and turned to Nobara. "It's okay you may leave Nobara.Be sure to call Yuji in on your way."

She left silently and kept her head down,a deep frown on her face as she gave the entire counsel a once over.Satoru glanced at me,shifting in his seat as he fixed the glasses ontop of his head.I trusted his judgement and he kind of trusted mine.

That was enough for me and both of us knew it.They're either trying to kill one of our students or trying to kill one of our students.

No other way.

"Yuji Itadori," his name was called out and I turned my head back to the trial.

"Born and breaded," he sunk in his seat,fold his arms and stared at everyone. "I reckon ya'll are going to ask me my version of what happened?"

"It would be appreciated," another called out.

A dramatic sigh escaped his mouth as he narrowed his eyes and stared up at the ceiling.He focused on one particular spot and fidgeted in his seat,swaying the rolling chair from side to side.He was in thought but it wasn't long for him to agree.

"Ijichi," Satoru's playful voice echoed throughout the deck of the boat as he stepped away to take his call.Eeryone hovered over the flaming hot fire with steaming marshmallows.In that moment I never thought I'd see the kids so alive,gathered around one another with the biggest smiles on their faces.