28

"Add that to the rack." I dragged the clothes where James told me to. He opened and closed the cash register a couple times out of nervousness. "Babe your going to be fine." It's the day we hire a few people and James is scared no-one will show up.
I sat on the counter and waited until three. This nervous kid clicking the cash register. Finally. "Hi am I to late?"
"No right on time." James called coming from behind the desk. The girl beamed at James and I shuffled uncomfortably. "I love the idea of a merch store." She giggled. "Your so smart."
He smiled too and told her "have you ever had a job before?"
"I worked at Subway for three years and I needed a better job and when I saw your cute face in the window-"
"Ah sorry your just not what he's looking for." I told the girl escorting her to the door.
James looked like he was trying not to laugh and when I opened the door I saw a line. "Next."
A boy walked in. "Hey." He called an air of feminine around him. "Hiii. What's your name and what makes you want to work here?"
"Terrence and I'm part of different Fandoms so I know what the people want."
James wrote something down and I shook Terrences hand.

"That went well." I lay on the counter staring straight up. "Yup pretty good." I told James. "What do you think about opening day?" I turned to look at him. "Crowds. I hope you have extra clothes in the back."
He smiled at me and I felt an emotion in the pit of my stomach. It felt nice.