Chapter Thirteen

CHAPTER THIRTEEN:

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ LANA DEL REY - Video Games ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Heaven is a place on earth with you, tell me all the things you want to do, I heard you like the bad girls honey, is that true?

"I don't know what to think of her, I mean I do admire her confidence,"

"You admire the fact she wears little clothing?" Jace asked, judging me.

"No, I admire how comfortable she is in her own skin," I sighed.

"You know, I wouldn't mind if you started dressing like her," he smirked.

"I am not going to start dressing like Miley Cyrus. I said I admired her, it doesn't mean that I want to be her." Jace and I were back on the road after spending a couple hours in Trayzik forest, discussing the songs that played on the radio.

"Actually, if you did dress like her my eyes would probably burn every time I looked at you," he said with a straight face. My eyes widened and my jaw dropped open in disbelief. He looked over at my expression and laughed, running a hand through his hair.

"Relax, I was kidding Grace."

"I wouldn't be surprised if you weren't," I mumbled under my breath, staring back out the window. I could feel his gaze on the side of my face, urging me to say something else but I kept quiet so he spoke up instead.

"So if I'm right and the notes are in your house, I get to dye your teeth green using the same dye you used to prank me," he grinned menacingly, eyes facing the road.

"Fine. But if the notes are at your house I get to show that video of you," I smirked back.

His smile dropped immediately and he shakes his head furiously. "Deals off."

"No way! You showed the entire cinema that video of me!" I argued.

"The video of me is a hundred times worse and you know it!"

"You would only be saying that if you knew you left the notes at home," I crossed my arms stubbornly.

His eyebrows crinkled in frustration, "You're wrong damn it!"

"Well bet on it then!" I challenged.

"Fine, if I'm wrong you can use the video however you please. I know I'm right anyway." He muttered the last part.

I sank back into my seat with satisfaction. Glancing over quickly, I could see a smile play on Jace's lips. It was tiny but a smile nonetheless.

I watched the streets fly past us and rested my cheek on the cold car window. We stopped at a traffic light when I noticed a store with flashing lights and loud music. Without thinking, I unbuckled my seatbelt and jumped out of the car. I could hear Jace scream my name behind me but I was too blinded by the lights to react.

I ran straight inside the arcade and was standing in line to buy some tokens when I felt a presence behind me and a tug on my arm.

"Grace! What do you think you're doing?" Jace was slightly flustered.

I shrugged my shoulders, "I wanted to come to the arcade, you wanted me to loosen up a little and we still have time."

Jace pinched the bridge of his nose. "No, we have to get home, you can't just jump out of the fucking car like that."

I gave Jace a puppy dog look, pointing to the small line in front of us. He raised an eyebrow and shook his head. I pushed my bottom lip out a little further to try and persuade him and he sighed in defeat.