Chapter One

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ OK GO - Here it Goes Again ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Just when you think that you're in control, just when you think that you've got a hold, just when you get on a roll, here it goes, here it goes, here it goes again.

"Alright Nimrods, I know we have this prank thing going on but shaving Lexi's hair? What were you thinking!" I shouted at my brother, running my hands through the remains of Lexi's hair. Her usual full head of hair was adorned with a line that ran straight along the top of her head. Around the sides were poorly shaved polka dots. I'd hate to say it but Lexi looked like a Barbie doll that a toddler had got to with a pair of scissors. Aaron stared right through me, knowing that the idea of his prank was way to tame in contrast to the damage that he and Jace had achieved.

While I was scorning Aaron, my Mom and Dad came through the back door, walking across our admittedly large garden. My father's tie was half hanging around his neck and his hair was dishevelled - a tell-tale sign that he had just come back from work and was pestered by my mother to have a stern word with us kids.

"She's right Aaron, I've let you play your pranks for five years but cutting off Lexi's hair is crossing the line," he said to my brother, towering over us with his hands crossed. "Do you know what hair means to a girl? Don't you understand that her hair is important?"

Aaron's eyes widened as they glanced at Lexi's face then immediately dropped to the ground in shame. I knew that look. There's no way I was going to let my stupid brother get anywhere close to Lexi. If he thought he was even one percent good enou-

"Grace, are you listening to your father? This is about you too," Mom said as she sat next to us on the grass. "We don't want to stop your fun kids, we just...need you to lay down a few ground rules so you know where the lines are drawn."

"You mean like, prank rules?" Lexi asked.

"I actually think it might work. I did cross the line, I'm so sorry Lexi," Aaron admitted. He opened and extended his arms as an invitation for a hug. I watched as Lexi's face surprisingly became shy as she accepted and returned his hug with a squeeze. Lexi was not one to hold a grudge - I knew that she had forgiven Aaron and Jace before they had even apologised. I wouldn't have let them off unless they agreed to do my chores until my hair grew back.

"Gross," I said, rolling my eyes at my brother and best friend as my parents start to laugh and start to make their way back into the house.

"Hey, Mom and Dad number two!" Jace shouted as he jogged towards us. It's no surprise that he was in our house, he practically lived here. Jace gave my Mom a quick hug and shook my Dad's hand. "So, what are we doing?" he asked me, plonking himself in the grass next to Aaron.

"Making prank rules and then coming inside for cookies," Mom answered for me with a smile.

Jace waited until the parents were out of ear shot before he spoke up again. "What! Now this is going to be boring."

"We obviously need some rules since you boys are too thick to understand when to stop," I retorted.

"Well then, if you can't handle it, admit that you are defeated and we will stop." Jace moved his face closer to mine as a challenge. There are no more than two inches separating our faces and I'm held captive in the storm brewing in his eyes.

We broke out of our trance when Lexi waved her hand between our faces. When I turned towards her, she raised her eyebrows and I turned my head away. It's not like I was going to kiss him, Jace was only hypnotising me.

"Okay, so I know Mom wants us to make rules but I don't think there should be too many. We don't want to ruin all the fun," Aaron says looking at all of us.