Chapter Eleven

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ CAGE THE ELEPHANT – Back Against the Wall ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

I said you got me where you want me again, and I can't turn away, I'm hanging by a thread and I'm feelin' like a fool.

We met up with Rosie back in the janitor's closet and we told her the small changes that needed to happen. Whilst we were talking the bell signalling the start of next period rang and the usual stampede of students made their way to their classes. Knowing that it was going to be impossible to get out, we waited until the halls were clear to go to our lesson - late again.

The heels of my platform chelsea boots clicked against the linoleum floor as Lexi and I ran straight to the gym changing rooms. Lexi slowed down as we passed through the threshold, staring at her phone screen.

 "That was Scott, he said that the boys were made to go in the shower by coach and he's hid all their clothes in his locker," she updated me with a nod. The boys had gym an hour earlier than us which we had used to set our preparations.

 The rest of the gym class was starting to leave so I pulled on my shorts and tugged my volleyball vest over my head, ruining my pin straight hair in the process. I was tying my shoelaces up when I saw a pair of neon pink air max came into my view. I followed the long, tanned legs that were attached to the shoe with my eyes to find a smirk on Bridget's face. I didn't like the fact that she was looking down at me stood up to reverse the roles a little.

 "Now what did karma possibly think that I did to receive a visit from you?" I pursed my lips.

 Bridget's smirk fell as she rolled her eyes. "I wouldn't have the curse of seeing your face if you and Miss Carrot Top over here," she signalled towards Lexi, "actually got to lesson on time. Coach is almost done with the warm ups."

 "Exactly, she started the lesson because she knew we were going to be late so if you would kindly leave," Lexi deadpanned. Her face looked completely unbothered about Bridget's presence which seemed to annoy her even more.

 She placed her hands on her hips, ready to argue but stopped when the changing room door slammed. The three of us poked our heads around the lockers to see Aaron and Jace soaked from head to toe wearing nothing but their boxers. Jace's boxers were plaid whereas Aaron had small burgers printed onto them.

 I scrunched up my face as Aaron stomped forward and Lexi looked like a deer caught in headlights. Bridget scampered forward and blocked Aaron's path. He stared down at her with an angered expression.

 "Shouldn't you boys be in class? Lessons have already started," Bridget flirted whilst wrapping her arms around Aaron's neck. Without seeming too forceful, Aaron immediately unwound them and placed her arms back at her side.

 "Bridget, could you step outside?" he ordered rather than asked.

 Out of embarrassment, Bridget turned a weird shade of red and practically ran out the room. Lexi who was next to me a second ago had already started to run towards the exit, trying to avoid being caught by Jace and Aaron.

 "Oh no you don't!" Aaron bellowed as he ran after her.

 I turned back towards Jace and put on an innocent smile. "To what do I owe the pleasure?"

 He took long strides forward as I took a few steps back. A little bubble of panic threatened to pop as my back came into contact with the cold metal of the lockers. I tried to keep my cool but I felt my heart skip a beat in shock of our close proximity.

 Jace placed his hands on either side of my head so I couldn't escape and pinned me to the lockers with his hips. I held back the gasp that was resting on my lips as I felt his hard muscles press against my body – I was very aware of his shirtless situation. The water droplets from his body were leaving damp patches on my shirt.