Chapter Two

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ MARINA AND THE DIAMONDS - Bubblegum Bitch ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Got a figure like a pinup, got a figure like a doll, don't care if you think I'm dumb, I don't care at all, Candy bear sweetie pie, wanna be adored, I'm the girl you'd die for.

In my run to the nearest haven, I hid myself in the gym locker rooms. It was almost time for lessons to start so I knew I was going to be late. I tried not to be to bothered about missing the first lesson back but at least that means that I can dodge all the stupid jokes Jace would have made since he was in my first period. 

The only problem was that I was going to have to do extra work to try and keep my good relationship with the teacher. Most of them let us play our pranks seeing as our grades were among the top 10 in the entire city. Don't get me wrong, they tried to stop our antics by arguing there case but failed when our grades showed that our education was not affected by our behavior. Sooner or later they realized that Lexi, Jace, Aaron and I were really hardworking students and that our pranks would only affect each other and no-one else. By the end of our first year here, they ignored our pranks and treated us like any other star pupil. 

I twisted the handle of my locker, putting in my combination. I let out a sigh of relief when I saw that the bag of emergency clothes were folded at the bottom. I knew they would come in handy someday.

"Oh! Look what the cat dragged in. If it isn't sweet little Gracie Quinne."

I knew that voice and I knew that I couldn't avoid this. Reluctantly, I stood up straighter and turned around to see a primped Bridget looking at me with her nose turned up into the air.

I could tell you a few things about Bridget. Up until last year nobody knew who she was until she decided that life was not working in her favour. In the summer right before junior year, she went to some fat camp and vamped herself up. She ditched her glasses and started to fill her bra with chicken cutlets - not that she needed to anyway. She made a scene, inviting herself over to the popular table and acting like she had been there the whole time. Bridget had shut down whoever had got in the way and nobody had tried to mess with her since. The boys would happily flirt back and the cheerleaders opened up a spot for her in the team. She was as scary as Regina George.

Bridget's dirty blonde hair was curled to perfection, not one hair was pinned out of place. She had a perfect cheerleader's body with her toned abs and legs with a tan that looked like she had just got off a plane from Spain. Closer up you could tell that her foundation was layered on slightly too thick and her violet eyes were way too bright to be real.

"Don't you have a hooker club to get to or something?" I asked sweetly, looking at the tea towel that she referred to as her clothes. She wore her cheerleading outfit with pride, her long legs making the skirt looking more inappropriate than it really was.

"That's rich coming from somebody who woke up in school. You look like a homeless person. Tell me Grace, is being homeless as bad as it looks?" She sneered looking me up and down. 

Rolling my eyes, I slammed the locker door shut.

"No worries, you can tell me about it later Grace."

I raised one eyebrow, "What makes you think that I'm going to see you later?"

"Your brother sent me a text, he invited me over," she winked at me with her violet lenses and I knew exactly what she was trying to imply.

I would have been fine with Bridget in school, I wasn't one to be bothered by the social hierarchy. What put me in Bridget's hunting radar was the fact that she was my brothers off and on girlfriend. I have had to sit through way too many dinners opposite her at the table making small talk with my parents.