Chapter Nine

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ TWIN ATLANTIC - Eight Days ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Eight days waiting to hear you say, nothing really matters at all. Cause I've tried staring through vacant eyes to see if I could see what's wrong.

"Don't you think they've suffered enough?" Daniel complained. He was lying down on my bed, head propped up by his hands. I was pacing my walk in closet to find something to wear, keeping the door open so I could hear Daniel's opinion on ice-skating chic. It was pointless, all Daniel could talk about was the lack of progress the lacrosse team were making because of the co-captain's weekly chores.

"Even if I thought they had their fair share of punishment my opinion wouldn't matter. It's up to the parents to release them from the confinement of mops and surface cleaner." I grabbed a pair of grey jeans and debated on what top to wear.

It was a chilly day and Daniel had suggested that we should go ice-skating instead of hanging at his house like usual.

"But they can barely stand and we have a game coming up!"

"Sorry Dan, it's out of my hands." In all honesty I didn't really want their punishment to be over. Karma's a bitch.

"It would help if you and Lexi forgave them. Can't you just prank them and be done with it?"

After debating whether to wear a pink or green jumper I gave up and threw on an oversized hoodie.

"Don't worry, they have it coming. Lexi and I have something up our sleeves." It was just a matter of waiting for the right moment.

I stepped back into my room to run a brush through my nest of hair. I took a deep breath and stared at the girl in the mirror. Her face was a lot paler than usual, cheekbones protruding and a firm mouth set into a frown.

"Can we not talk about this?" I begged, keeping eye contact with Daniel through the mirror.

He rubbed his face in defeat and stood up to grab my 'Bad Hair Day' beanie, placing it on my head so that it covered my eyes. I slapped his hand away and let out a small laugh.

I was relieved that we were getting time to spend together today. The entire week had been going badly. Since the most horrific date of the century, I had avoided Zack. I was too embarrassed to face him and running in the opposite direction every time I spotted him in the halls was turning out to be a mission; I needed a distraction.

We headed out and saw Lexi perched delicately on the hood of Daniel's Jeep. She looked even smaller than usual sitting on the machine that Daniel called a car. Her outfit was very similar to mine but she had wrapped up in a thick scarf and mittens.

She hopped off the car bonnet as we approached her and climbed into the back seat where Scott and Rosie were already waiting.

"It took you two long enough," Scott complained as Daniel and I got into the car.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Planet Ice was a large ice-skating rink located on the outskirts of town. Its familiar atmosphere was comforting and the cold air that brushed the tip of my nose was pleasant.

We all stopped in the stands to put on our skates. Rosie used to compete in ice-skating competitions and we used to attend the shows to cheer her on. Rosie offered to teach us how to skate and after coming so frequently, we thought it would be easier to just purchase our own.

"Rosie, you would be mad to not go back there!" I encouraged with a smile.

She shakes her head vigorously and tried to make us drop the subject.