Chapter Ten

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ ALL TIME LOW - Forget About It ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

There are some days where I really feel like this could work; like you and I are finally gonna get it right. Then there are days like today, when you make me wanna tear my fucking hair out

The bell rang signalling the start of first period and I busied myself by sticking my face into a locker. I waited for a minute while the hustle of students made their way into their class. Quietly, I made my way to the end of the hall, crouching to avoid the windows of the classrooms.

I leaned against the janitor's closet slyly and checked my periphery to make sure I was alone. When I was sure I wasn't going to be caught, I knocked three times.

"Password," a voice whispered from the other side.

"Scott, we didn't agree on a password," I heard muffled from the door.

Rolling my eyes, I pulled open the door to find four of my friends squished in the cramped space next to bottles of bleach and Windex. I crammed myself into the last bit of open space and closed the door behind me.

The light was out and we were all in the dark. "Okay, so do we need to go over the plan one more time, just in case?"

Daniel shined a flashlight to show his 'are-you-seriously-asking-that-question' face before switching it off again. I shined my own flashlight on my face to stick my tongue out at him.

Rosie shone the light on her face, "We won't mess this up, we all have something to get revenge for."

Scott grabbed Rosie's phone and shook his head in agreement.

"I just want to clarify one thing again...."

"No Daniel, you're not going to get your ass kicked," Lexi answered for the billionth time before he could ask again.

"Operation American Flag is a go."

We all put our hands into a circle and bumped fists.

"Alright guys, see you around."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

I navigated through the narrow halls to get to my biology classroom. I was lost in my own head going over the plan that I didn't notice who was approaching me.

Zack was looking straight at me with sad eyes and my shoulders sagged knowing what conversation was about to occur.

"Grace, I haven't seen you all week and for some reason I've found it hard to get a hold of you," his accent was thick and strong.

"I've been terribly busy," I lied quietly.

"And now you're lying to me. I know you're trying to avoid me. Can you just tell me what I did wrong?" he begged. His lower lip was pulled between his teeth and he rested his hand on my shoulder, ensuring that I wouldn't run away. I couldn't help but notice how handsome he looked.

"Zack you didn't do anything wrong. I was just too embarrassed to say anything. The date was going along perfectly and it was ruined because of me. My entire life is filled with events like that and I don't want to drag you in the middle of it," I explained while fiddling with the thin belt of my dress.

"I don't care about that. I want to be there for you and all the crazy things you do." He held my face between his hands trying to convey the strength behind his words, warm eyes blazing into mine.

"Okay, so where does that leave us?" I asked with a grin.

"That leaves me in a position to ask you for a second first date," he chuckled.