Chapter Fifteen

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ PANIC! AT THE DISCO - Nine in the Afternoon ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

We're feeling so good, just the way that we do

Daniel lived in one of the richer neighbourhoods. The kind where it was safe to ride your bike on the road and the neighbours popped over to give you a fruit basket once a month. His house looked intimidating from the outside with a long drive in and well-groomed bushes but on the inside, it was decorated with smiling pictures of his family and hand stitched cushions that he and his Mom made one winter when they were snowed in. Every now and again Daniel would open his house up to the team to wind down after a hard day of practise. Today everyone was meeting to discuss their roles on the Halloween event so Lexi, Scott, Rosie and I were also invited.

As we pulled into the driveway, we could see Rosie and Scott waiting on the porch along with some of the boys from the lacrosse team, all consumed in their own conversations.

Aaron took the keys out of the ignition once he had parked up and we unbuckled our seat belts to start making our way inside.

"Should I call Bridget?" Aaron contemplated aloud.

"No!" Jace, Daniel and I shouted in unison.

Aaron turned to look at us when Daniel spoke up, "It's just you know, she sticks to your side like a suckerfish and if you don't give her attention then she'll just try to screw another member of the team. I really don't want that happening in my house."

"Ok, no Bridget," Aaron chuckled.

We joined up with the rest of the group where I was attacked by Rosie and Scott in a bear hug.

"How long have you guys been waiting out here?" I questioned when they released me. During the hug my bun was knocked off my head so I pulled out my hair tie and let my hair fall how it wanted to.

"Not long," Rosie assured.

"In fact, we were just talking about ideas for the fundraiser," Scott said while pushing his glasses back up his nose.

Rosie spotted Aaron and gave him a wide smile as a greeting but decided to do the opposite for his best friend as she shoved her shoulder into Jace's. You would have thought he would have been shocked or slightly angry but it was like he was expecting it. Jace stumbled back a few steps with his arms out and palms forward to try and regain his balance.

"Hello to you too Rosie," Jace said loudly much to her annoyance.

"Fuck you, Jace," Rosie said loudly back which made Jace's facial expression smugger.

Daniel reminded everyone of the rules he set in his house before he opened the door. Each time we came here it was the same little speech that consisted of something along the lines of 'don't pee on the floor, try not to make a mess and stay out of the art cupboard'.

I navigated my way through the small mansion with Scott who was uttering something to do with the theory of time travel based on high kinetic energy created by an object moving through a continuum.

"I agree with that theory but we would have to create some kind of technology revolving around quantum mechanics, it would be next to impossible to build," I stated back.

"We could build it and defy the laws of physics together," Scott fist pumped the air with a cheesy grin on his face. I couldn't help but side hug him because of his cuteness and laugh along with him as we made our way to the back of the house.

Since it was so hot outside, Daniel had grudgingly let us hold the meeting around his pool. A couple of the lacrosse boys had claimed the deck chairs while the others that had shown up dipped their legs into the pool. Scott and I let go of each other to roll up the hems of our jeans and place our Converse on the side of the yard where we knew they wouldn't get wet. I perched myself on the edge of the pool watching as Jeremy carried out the same actions on the wall opposite to mine. As the cool water surrounded my calves delicately, I felt someone sit down next to me in a not-so-graceful way. Elijah carelessly put his legs into the water and I felt a few droplets hit my skin.