Chapter Five

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ BREATHE CAROLINA - Mistakes ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Drinks fall backwards, someone popped a molly, Feels so good, no, don't worry 'bout me.

It was Friday night of the cabin party. Like always Lexi and I were sat in my room, nervously trying to get past those pre-party jitters. We each had a stack of clothes piled up on the floor of things that we could possibly wear. We sifted through each other's piles to find something that we wouldn't be judged for

"How about this?" Lexi asked, holding up a studded blouse and black skirt.

"The last time I wore that was to a funeral."

"Oh," she shrugged, balling the outfit up and chucking it into the back of my wardrobe with the rest of the rejected clothes.

It was almost 7pm meaning that we had an hour to get ready if we wanted to be at the party on time, but let's face it, when does that ever happen?

I picked up a black dress from Lexi's pile and chucked it over to her. She barely even looked at it before she chucked it to the other side of the room. I fell face forward into the clothes which still resembled a small mountain. We weren't getting anywhere with this, it was like it never ends.

"Why is there so much black here?!" Lexi stood up like she was about to make a statement. "I am so sick of those little black dresses that everyone wears to these parties. We are not going to mourn the lives we are leaving behind when senior year finishes, we are not going to your great uncle's funeral, we are going to a cabin, to get drunk! We are going to dance around those sweaty bodies and probably make out with someone that we are really going to regret later. So, I say we go all out."

"What do you mean?"

Lexi stood and stroked her imaginary beard - something she always did when she was thinking hard about something. Then she walked out of my room, leaving me to lie in the heaps of clothes.

Two minutes later, Lexi re-entered my room panting slightly and her cheeks were red from running. Her hands held two dresses. She pushed everything off my bed and put them down.

"These are my Mom's. I'm sure she won't mind if we borrowed them."

"Lexi we can't! She would flip if she found that we wore her dresses to a stupid party." I touched the soft material of one of the dresses that felt like a couple hundred dollars.

"Its fine, if she's not here to tell me what to do and not do, I'm going to do whatever I want. Besides, these dresses have been sat in her wardrobe for a long time, I think it's about time they saw what a high school party looks like."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Quinne, Carrabelle! Get your asses down here or we are going to leave without you," Jace shouted from the bottom of the stairs while we made our finishing touches to our hair and makeup.

Lexi and I slipped on sparkly flats to match our dresses and ran down the stairs. We knew that when the boys threaten to leave, they would keep to their word.

As we descended down the marble stairs, I caught sight of the boys waiting at the bottom. The looks on Aaron and Jace's faces were totally worth the last hour and a half we spent getting ready for the party.

Lexi was wearing a simple high neck red dress with long, lace sleeves. The dress hugged her curves and stopped just before her knees. The back of the dress - well there wasn't one. The back of the dress was cut into a deep V and she wore her strawberry blonde hair up to show it. Her makeup was all gold and glitter which brought out the brown of her eyes and made her look as if she was on fire.