1.

"She just wants to forget" - r.h. Sin

Carys

It was late, really late. I ran through the open field trying to get as far away as possible from the house I once called mines burning to the ground.

I had no one now.

Every inch of my body was pounding, it could be from the beating I took the past week.

I deserved them.

Our house was far from the road, my father wanted us to have exclusivity and he got that here. No one knew the horrors me and my mother faced living there.

" aah damnit!" Another cut on my leg. I tripped every step of the way, each time more blood came down my legs as I cut them more and more.

I can hear my fathers faint screams as the house was ablaze. I ran harder terrified he'd realize I wasn't their with him.

Burning alive.

He deserved it though.

Keep running I pushed my self. It's so dark out and my eyes are so tired. I can barely see that I've made it to the street. I hear a loud car horn and suddenly bright lights come to my view.

I scream out and fall backwards as the car swerved away from me and screeched to a halt.

My eyes are squeezed shut as my body trembles in fear. "Please don't hurt me, please don't hurt me" I thought to myself.

"A- are you okay?" She hears a deep voice and someone running over to her side. She recognizes this voice and slowly turns around.

Her eyes go wide at who she sees. "C-carter?!"

"Jesus Carys we almost hit you, are you okay?" She clutched onto herself as he looked at all the cuts and bruises on her legs. Not to mention all the smoke that filled the air.

Not to long after they are joined by Nathan and Issac, their eyes scanned her body as they looked in shock at the area they've found her in.

"Carys why are you out here alone?" Nathan asked her as they looked around the empty field. Smoke was rising further in the air but they couldn't see to far along it.

"I- he tried to kill me." She whispered.

One week before the fire.

Nathan

It had been a week since Carys was last at school. Me and my brothers waited by our lockers everyday close to our classroom to watch her walk in.

We knew something was up but she never said anything. Anytime we'd try to talk to her or just be friendly she'd shy away or hurry up and go into class.

I get the three of us can be intimidating but we care. We're the only ones that care honestly. We see day by day how the others treat her here because of her skin condition.

She's absolutely beautiful and she doesn't even realize it because people at this school including faculty are pieces of shit.