12.

She was a storm, not the kind you run from, but the kind you chase." r.h. Sin

Not too long after Aria called the kids downstairs they came rushing down, one after another. Of course Carys was first, she loves to eat.

As they arrived to their seats Russell came waltzing back into the kitchen after receiving the mail from the the porch.

"The kids letters for graduation came in." Russell pointed out as he sat and joined his family. There was a comfortable silence as they ate their breakfast. Light laughter and whispers would go around here and there.

Carys looked a bit overwhelmed as she thought about graduation. Ever since what happened she's never been able to get away from it.

Never in a million years had she thought she'd get to experience what a real family felt like, but then she met the Doberman family.

Everything about them brought happiness to her life. Going to therapy was a huge help and she couldn't be more thankful but outside of that a normal life she cannot have.

To Cary's she was alone and a disappointment from the start and she hated herself for it. Her mothers words and love kept her going but her father and others torment and hatred hit her the hardest.

Then she met them, the Doberman brothers and life started to be a little bit better. Although she had the hardest time believing they truly cared for her, looking at her life now she knew it was all about her.

She's got a long way to go but the love she has for herself grows stronger and stronger each day.

Attending graduation would be so amazing but she ultimately knew it wasn't possible. It's a low chance she'll even be able to go to the ceremony to give support to her boys.

While out of school and going into therapy Cary's finished her final semester of high school and finished up on time like everyone else. Unfortunately it wasn't at her school and there was no record of it.

Carys never returned to school after what happened in order to keep the fact that she was alive a secret. Just in case anyone from her fathers life would come after her, she continued the remainder of her senior year online though a different school that is available for students under special circumstances.

"What's wrong?" Russell asked now seeing her sad face.

"D- did one come for me?" She asked quietly already knowing the answer.

"Umm n- no sweetheart." Aria grabbed his hand under the table seeing how choked up he was getting.

They didn't want to ever disappoint her or make Cary's feel as though she is less then their own sons or rather anyone. Carys deserved so much than the life she had to live growing up.

Issac placed his hand on hers as she got the news and tried her best not to stay crying. She knew it wasn't possible but thinking for the better was something she learned and hoped it worked every time she needed it.

Nathan not being able to continue asked to be excused, Aria understanding his feelings granted him permission to clean up and go.

Like the domino effect one by one everyone ended up leaving the table. Aria staying their to clean up not wanting to ask the kids to do them like usual.